Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

A question on TC3 onboot.lst

(1/1)

timc:
On 2.7 and earlier if you set the appropriate flag file, all extensions in the TCE directory would be mounted/copied and the optional ones would be "optional".  I want my system to load all the extensions in the TCE directory at boot time.  Now it appears that all extensions have to reside in the optional directory and must be listed in the onboot.lst file.

Is there any way to load all the extensions at boot time without having to list them in the onboot.lst file?  It was very convenient to control this process by the physical location of the extension rather than having to add entries to files.

Thanks,

Tim

tinypoodle:
what you could do:

--- Code: ---cd /path/to/tce/optional/
ls *tcz > ../onboot.lst

--- End code ---
Of course you would have to repeat that before every shutdown/reboot, if extensions have changed.

EDIT: better make a backup of onboot.lst first as i have not tested this.

thane:
All extensions are now in the tce/optional directory. If you only want particular apps you need to put them in the onboot.lst (I think this can be done in the apps audit panel).

The flag is still there to load all extensions. It can be set through the apps audit panel (sorry I don't have my TC box in front of me so I can't be more precise). The flag setting will persist between boots.

timc:
Thanks, the problem is we have an embedded system and do not use appaudit.  What I would like is to remotely place a new extension in the the TCE directory and reboot and have all the extensions load.  I am not a fan of programatically adding and removing lines from config files - it's just another thing that can go wrong.  I can always modify the boot scripts to make it work the way I want it to, but I was hoping there was a supported way to do it that just wasn't very well documented.

thane:
On my box the file copy2fs.flg is in /mnt/sda1/tce (the USB stick). It appears to be empty. This file causes all extensions to be copied into RAM (or your file system) on boot. Although it is created and deleted via apps audit it you should be able to create it manually. It persists between boots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version