WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Screen Resolution 1024x600  (Read 68801 times)

Offline Scampada

Re: [SOLVED] Screen Resolution 1024x600
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 02:56:58 AM »
Hi,
I've read the thread and tried to use some advices in my own TC. I want to get a framebuffer console with no distortion; so I tried to set vga=577 and it caused only that I booted into 80x25 CLI.
Standard 788 and 789 work fine. I'll read also the thread mentioned somewhere above concerning native resolutions, but, maybe if someone knows that I definitely can not do this, maybe he'd say it earlier than I read that thread and do some more unnecessary quiestion.))

I have tried 915resolution, changed on of the modes to mine, then edited fb.modes and did fbset, but nothing happened...

...That's because fbset doesn't change the mode from file... when I feed it with /etc/fb.modes (which I have to create) and then type fbset it showes me my old 800x600 resolution.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:19:39 AM by Scampada »
The winning entries in UNIX users' hymns competition were 'What's the buzz, tell me what's happening' and 'Strange Thing Mystifying' songs from A.L.Webber's musical.

Tiny Core Linux. Like Gentoo, except Gentoo is easier.

Offline Scampada

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 03:34:45 AM »
When I look at fbset it shows me
mode "800x600-75"
    geometry ...
    timings...
    accel ...
    rgba ...
endmode

when I look for /etc/fb.modes there is no such file. I touch and edit it.
Then I do fbset 1024x600-60 and nothing happens though it doesn't say there is no such mode.
Then I do fbset again and it shows me 800x600-75 etc...
The winning entries in UNIX users' hymns competition were 'What's the buzz, tell me what's happening' and 'Strange Thing Mystifying' songs from A.L.Webber's musical.

Offline Scampada

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 07:25:45 AM »
SOLVED too; no need to use such magic; my vbios supports native 1024x600 and my grub can do things like set gfxpayload=keep while working in 1024x600 mode from the very beginning.
Now avatars won't distort in the links and fonts look sharper. Fine.