WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: AspireOne A150 - only 1.x versions showing full desktop  (Read 4099 times)

Offline introvertigo

AspireOne A150 - only 1.x versions showing full desktop
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
Probably an easy solution I'm unaware of, but any version of TinyCore I try after the last 1.x version will only boot to a black background and cursor (no icons etc) on my A150. Tried a few of the boot options to change resolution and such, but no luck. 1.4x boots straight to the full desktop with appbar and icons etc. Looked around for a solution but I can't seem to find one.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: AspireOne A150 - only 1.x versions showing full desktop
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:42:42 PM »
You tried bootcodes for resolution, but much more importantly have you tried the "tinycore base norestore" boot option.  That would tell if it is an issue in the way the base system deals with your hardware rather than how it is dealing with your 1.x tce directory and backup.  That is assuming you don't have different tce directories for each TC release and are using the appropriate boot codes for them.

Offline *M*

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »
Is that the ZG5 model?, never tried 1.x or 2.x on it but I have it working on one of the 3 rc's, the final of 3.0 should work all good too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:20:11 PM by *M* »

Offline introvertigo

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »
Sorry, finally got around to this again.

It is indeed the ZG5 model, booting TC as a livecd. I found that 3.x will boot properly with just the "tinycore norestore" (adding base not needed) command - have not tried 2.x since but I assume that would be the same.

However... as far as I'm aware it shouldn't be even trying to restore anything from anywhere. I've never used it as anything but a livecd and as far as I can tell, there are no TC related files being stored anywhere on my machine, or on usb sticks, sd cards etc. Same deal with the 1.x versions. Very puzzled. Any thought as to a solution anyone?

EDIT: Same behaviour even on a completely blanked machine running from CD. Well, I'm stuck then. Guess no more TC for me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:22:18 AM by introvertigo »

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 09:52:30 PM »
You can check the text during boot to see what's autodetected (for convenience, use the "pause" boot option).

If in an terminal, you can use `cat /opt/.backup_device` and `cat /opt/.tce_dir`