Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Setting Video mode on boot (solved)

(1/1)

athouston:
When I boot from the CD I have to use the bootline tinycore xsetup and pick 800*600 (item12) to get xserver to display. Otherwise I get an input out of range error on my monitor.

Where do I change this permanently in my persistent copy please.

maro:
Have you tried it with a boot code like 'xvesa=800x600x24'? But if you boot from CD you would have to remaster the ISO to permanently change the boot code.

So I guess your best bet would be to change the respective value in the first line of '~/.xsession'. As this file should be included in your backup you'll just have to ensure that a backup gets done after your change (and before the next reboot).

athouston:
Thanks.

Reboot on install CD. Start with "tinycoe xsetup" and pick 800*600*24. When booted open a termsess, sudo su, and edit /etc/sysconfig/Xserver. Change the first line to xvesa=800*600*24 and save. Shutdown with backup.

I did it this way because I do not yet know how to backup from the command line. I looked for an obvious backup command but no can find. If I could the I could have edited the file directly and done a backup before rebooting.

At least I only had a starter system so it didn't matter if I started again.

gerald_clark:
There is a backup button in the cpanel.
From the command prompt, it is 'filetool.sh backup'
First make sure you have your persistant tce directory working.

athouston:
Thanks for that. I did not know the name of filetool and because I had no Xserver I had no cpanel. All is well now thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version