WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ezremaster: Wizard that walks you step by step to remaster ISO of tinycore  (Read 68322 times)

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
New version is attached to original message in this thread with the following change:

Version 1.2
     -Fixed bug when adding applications to remaster that had dependencies listed with "KERNEL". 

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
There is an updated version attached to the first message in this thread:

Version 1.3
     -It is now possible to add custom boot codes to ISOLINUX.   This can include non-Tinycore related kernel boot codes. 

Offline kalleanka

Nice scripts. Where do i download them?

Offline tinypoodle

"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline kalleanka

ok i found it. Thanks.

ixbrian  could you add a sentence in the first post that one need to be loggedin to be abel to download the scripts.

I tried it and its realy good. I hade problem with running it since i rebooted and they did not get saved in /usr/local/bin where i put them. Then i tryed to run it dirctly from my hard disk ./mnt/hda3.downloads/tc_remaster and i got a lot of security errors. So after chmod and chown it ran but now the script could not find remaster.sh. So i made a script that copies the scripts to /usr/local/bin and then ran tc_remaster. Then it worked. I also misspellt the path to the iso so here it would be nice with a filechooser.  

The two youtube videos are great and educational but the second one got interupte in the end when you where going to show the usage of tc_remaster.cfg. Could you upload it again if you have the full version?

Maybe the log could be echoed to prompt?

Thanks and nice work ixbrian.

Another thing: is there a way to run the .cgf file in GUI (tc_remaster)?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:19:45 AM by kalleanka »

Offline TheRiddler

I am so newb. I got this to work ONCE. In a virtual machine. Ever since then "permission denied", no matter where I put it, or how i run it. Sometimes I'll even get something about unexpected ) syntax blah blah blah. WTF did I do to get this working that one time, and why can't i do it agian?

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
I am so newb. I got this to work ONCE. In a virtual machine. Ever since then "permission denied", no matter where I put it, or how i run it. Sometimes I'll even get something about unexpected ) syntax blah blah blah. WTF did I do to get this working that one time, and why can't i do it agian?

You should be able to download both of the executables (tc_remaster, remaster.sh), and then copy them somewhere in your PATH (example:  "sudo cp tc_remaster /usr/local/bin", "sudo cp remaster.sh /usr/local/bin") and then make both files executable ("sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/tc_remaster", "sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/remaster.sh").    Then run "tc_remaster".  If this doesn't work, please post the exact error message you are seeing. 

Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
ok i found it. Thanks.

ixbrian  could you add a sentence in the first post that one need to be loggedin to be abel to download the scripts.

The first post mentions you need to be logged in to the forum to download the application. 

I tried it and its realy good. I hade problem with running it since i rebooted and they did not get saved in /usr/local/bin where i put them. Then i tryed to run it dirctly from my hard disk ./mnt/hda3.downloads/tc_remaster and i got a lot of security errors. So after chmod and chown it ran but now the script could not find remaster.sh. So i made a script that copies the scripts to /usr/local/bin and then ran tc_remaster. Then it worked. I also misspellt the path to the iso so here it would be nice with a filechooser.  

Do you use the Tiny Core backup/restore functionality?   If so, you just need to list the files "usr/local/bin/tc_remaster" and "usr/local/bin/remaster.sh" in the "/opt/.filetool.lst" file and these files will then automatically be backed up and restored and shutdown/startup. 

The two youtube videos are great and educational but the second one got interupte in the end when you where going to show the usage of tc_remaster.cfg. Could you upload it again if you have the full version?

I had problems with the youtube video because it was over 10 minutes and youtube doesn't allow videos over 10 minutes.   I tried to split the video in to 2 parts, but you are right the second video got cut off near the end.   I didn't really say anything important after the cutoff point however, so I left it as is. 

Maybe the log could be echoed to prompt?

That's a good idea. 

Another thing: is there a way to run the .cgf file in GUI (tc_remaster)?

At this point, you can't load an existing cfg file in to the GUI.   But you can modify the cfg file manually and run the "remaster.sh" to rebuild your custom ISO.    For example, you can go through the wizard 1 time and configure everything exactly how you want it.    If you save this cfg file, when a new version of Tiny Core is released, you can simply edit the cfg file and update it with the path to the new version Tiny Core ISO, and then run "tc_remaster /path/to/tc_remaster.cfg rebuild"  and your custom ISO will be rebuilt with the newer version of Tiny Core. 

Offline kalleanka

thanks ixbrian.

Offline TheRiddler

YAY thanks brian... my noggin was a hurtin'... but you came with the virtual pain reliever. Your script is MAGNIFIQUE!

Offline Pats

Although I have not tried this script, but the discusion shows, the OP has done a great job ! My congrats !!
1)I use TCv2.5, and am quite confortable using it for development work. But since the tce dire. location ( and maybe some other technicals ) is different in v2.5 and v3.0, could this script be used to remaster TCv2.5 with my desired extentions and boot-codes  pre-installed ?
2) If not, then can the OP make this script backward compatible (v2.5) ?
3) If not, is there another fully-tested remaster script for TCv2.5?
Kindly clarify !
Thnks !

~Pats

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Although I have not tried this script, but the discusion shows, the OP has done a great job ! My congrats !!
1)I use TCv2.5, and am quite confortable using it for development work. But since the tce dire. location ( and maybe some other technicals ) is different in v2.5 and v3.0, could this script be used to remaster TCv2.5 with my desired extentions and boot-codes  pre-installed ?
2) If not, then can the OP make this script backward compatible (v2.5) ?
3) If not, is there another fully-tested remaster script for TCv2.5?
Kindly clarify !
Thnks !

~Pats

tc_remaster is currently only compatible with Tiny Core or Micro Core 3.x versions.   

Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Update...  Version 1.4 is now attached to the first message in this thread with these changes:

-On remaster step #1 page, I added a button you can click on to launch a terminal that will display a tail of the log file.
     -On remaster step #2 page, I added links to the "image" and "extract" directories.   If you click these directories a terminal window will open up in the directory. 
      -I made some cosmetic and verbiage changes throughout the program that will hopefully make it easier to use.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Update.. Version 1.5 is now attached to the first message in this thread with the following changes:

-There is now a check box to easily enable the Dropbear SSH server in your remaster (wizard page 4).   This will take care of installing Dropbear and enabling it to auto start at each boot.   What is cool is that tc_remaster will also take care of generating you unique SSH host keys during the remaster and these unique SSH host keys will be included in the remaster.   That way, your SSH host keys don't get regenerated each time you reboot your remaster. 

-Fixed bug when launching terminal to display the log file during remaster. 

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
A new version is attached to the original message in this thread with the following updates: 

-Supports setting up several services:  Dropbear SSH server, Busybox HTTPD web server, Busybox DHCP server, and Busybox TFTP server.   For each of these services, there is a page that you can do configuration of the service.   For example, for Busybox HTTPD web server you can configure the root web directory, specify which user the daemon should run under, specify a password for the website, specify an access control list, etc. 

-Supports easily making your remaster a PXE server to netboot Tiny Core or Micro Core.  Parts of this are based on tc-terminal-server by Curaga. 

-Supports setting a static IP address for your network card in your remaster.