WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ezremaster: Wizard that walks you step by step to remaster ISO of tinycore  (Read 67808 times)

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
I have been writing an application that walks a user through remastering a Tiny Core or Micro Core ISO.  ezremaster works with Tiny/Micro/Mutli Core versions 3.x.

It supports:
   -Setting all of the bootcodes
   -Selecting applications to add to the remaster
   -Adding a mydata.tgz to the remaster
   -Easily recreating your custom ISO image when new versions of Tiny Core are released

In order to install it, use appbrowser to search for and install  "ezremaster". 

Brian
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:33:28 PM by ixbrian »

Offline jls

I found some problems:
  • it doesn't work on microcore
  • even I have the tcz in my dir /mnt/hda3/tc3/optional, the files are downloaded from the net
  • I didn't see the possibility to enter the boot code lang= neither kmap=
  • In case I choose to put the tcz inside the initramfs they are placed in a tce dir under the main dir, but I think they should be placed under /opt/tce
dCore user

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Thanks for the feedback. 

- It should be fairly easy to update it to work with Microcore as well.  I just need to have the remaster.sh script detect if there is a microcore.tgz or a tinycore.tgz in the source image.  Look for this in the next version.

-Before downloading applications for the remaster, it looks at the /etc/sysconfig/tce.mount file to find out where your tce mount point is (i.e. /mnt/hda1).   It then checks under /tce/optional/ in this mount point to see if the application exists, and if so it copies it over to the temp remaster directory.   If it isn't in this directory, the app is downloaded.    On your system, what does /etc/sysconfig/tce.mount show?  What directory are your tce applications in? 

-You can select a alternate kmap on the second page under "Keyboard layout".  I use the dvorak layout and this has been verified to work. 

-Based on the wiki page on intergrating extensions, I was under the impression that they should be placed in /tce/optional rather than /opt/tce/optional.   Is one preferred over the other? 

Thanks again,
Brian

Offline curaga

• Administrator
The wiki page in question is about having them in the iso, but not in the initramfs. Extensions packed inside the initramfs should go in /opt/tce/optional.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline jls

-Before downloading applications for the remaster, it looks at the /etc/sysconfig/tce.mount file to find out where your tce mount point is (i.e. /mnt/hda1).   It then checks under /tce/optional/ in this mount point to see if the application exists, and if so it copies it over to the temp remaster directory.   If it isn't in this directory, the app is downloaded.    On your system, what does /etc/sysconfig/tce.mount show?  What directory are your tce applications in?  
  • the tce dir is stored in /opt/.tce_dir
  • remember lang=
  • the filesystem check doesn't exists anymore
  • there is also an option for microcore  lst=mylist.lst, see mc 2.8 announce

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:57:54 PM by jls_legalize »
dCore user

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Thanks for the suggestions.   I have made several updates based on your suggestions and modified my original posting with a list of the changes and the updated files.  I am still looking in to the "lst=mylist.lst" bootcode.   I read the Microcore 2.8 announcement but I still don't understand what exactly this does.   I will do some more research and add this bootcode to the next version. 

Thanks again,
Brian

Offline jls

I propose to preselect the tcz from the current onboot.lst and also the boocodes could be preset according to showbootcodes command.
Could also be useful to save the configuration
dCore user

Offline curaga

• Administrator
It can be used to have different sets of extensions loaded on boot.

For example a boot entry for development, the list could include compiletc and -dev extensions.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
I propose to preselect the tcz from the current onboot.lst and also the boocodes could be preset according to showbootcodes command.

jls_legalize,
Thanks for the suggestion.   The latest version supports reading in the onboot.lst to preselect the applications for installation on the remaster.

Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator

Is the "lst=" boot code only for Microcore or does this work with Tinycore as well?   I looked in the Microcore /etc/init.d/tc-config script and I don't see any reference to the "lst=" boot code.   Does anyone know where this boot code is processed? 

Offline curaga

• Administrator
It's in tce-setup, and yes, all bootcodes work with both TC and MC (within limits, the xvesa code requires MC to have Xvesa etc).

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator

What do you mean by "save the configuration"?  Are you referring to saving which options the user selects in the remaster wizard? 

Offline jls

What do you mean by "save the configuration"?  Are you referring to saving which options the user selects in the remaster wizard? 
yes, but I don' think it's so necessary since modifying the config file is not difficult once created via your gui
dCore user

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator

The latest version now includes the "lst=" boot code. 

Offline jls

if one chooses to remaster microcore maybe he need also the core elements
dCore user