WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ezremaster: Wizard that walks you step by step to remaster ISO of tinycore  (Read 67816 times)

Offline coreplayer2

Rich  yes thanks and i do that too, I also mount them in Vbox and create bootable USB's from the iso..    Today though I'm loosing count of the number of iso's I've made.

Brian,  phew I think I'm getting there thanks..  mounting core.iso in place of tinycore.iso was a major breakthrough in many regards in fixing the multitude of error messages and now there is only one at boot re X failing to load.   As always the fault is mine, having to make a hundred mistakes attempting something new until finally it clicks..         Dealing with the X issue, I remembered the frame buffer needed vga=791 boot code which for the whole day I'd forgotten to add  lol   

First problem was using Tinycore.iso for the remaster image, i think it provides other versions of xprogs, xlibs, wbar, fltk1.10 etc etc. than the versions of these extensions also loaded into the remaster via  "Inside initrd apps on boot"  (this option is my preferred choice).  Which get priority?

next up I think the frambuffer boot code was missing..  am checking it now

lastly the temp/tce/xwbar.lst has been lost during the upgrade to 4.3 as a result  after creating a remaster, all the icons which had previously been excluded from the wbar are back  :(   lol   As i found earlier, the xwbar list is created in  /mnt/sda1/tce  which doesn't exist in an iso,  a remedy which i found earlier was simply copying it to /tmp/tce and adding it to the filetool list.    I think this is how I accomplished the task, but I'm forced to review it again with this upgrade to 4.3  (now 4.3.1)

I usually create 5-10 iso's resolving each issue.  Am currently way over budget on iso's creation and so far have not yet resolved the second issue fully..  :)  but maybe I'm close

Offline coreplayer2

Ok have completed the upgrade to 4.3.1 and have successfully created a remastered image with Ezremaster, thanks Brian.   

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
An updated version of ezremaster is now available in the repository and also as part of CorePlus 4.5.    The major change in the new version is the ability to now create remasters with SCM extensions (requires Core 4.5 or later).    There are also some misc. fixes and improvements.   

Offline willard

Hello friends.
I would like to try a remaster the old way.  I follow this: wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:remastering

but the decompress of core.gz is not complete.  For example, I find less files in the decompressed /usr/bin than I find in /usr/bin when I boot on live CD.

I post pictures to show what I am saying.

So, how can I do a remaster the old way, but be able to work with ALL files, to not have less files in decompressed directory?
Thank you in advance for advice :)

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
You are comparing apples to oranges.
One has X installed.  The other does not.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
See the cde dir on your livecd for where those X extensions come from.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline willard

Thank you very much for helping me.  It looks like I must learn how to extract the tcz files in the cde directory as well.  I'm off to research this project, thanks again all!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Hi willard
You'll want to use the   unsquashfs   command for that.

Offline xor