WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: v4l2 and media for video capture cards  (Read 3049 times)

Offline softwaregurl

• Suspended
v4l2 and media for video capture cards
« on: February 21, 2009, 07:31:12 AM »
Last night I was able to watch and record with my old analog WinTV video capture card on TCL  using  Mplayer and Mencoder :)

Several failed attempts at compiling the Video For Linux (V4L2) and multimedia modules then failing to get all the dependencies later, I finally decided to just grab everything then strip stuff off later.  It's working as a .tcem right now.

Thanks Jason W for your posts in TCE News and tips and tricks and everyone else.  Just as soon as I can figure out everything that doesn't belong, I will get it submitted.  It may take a couple days but wanted to save someone the trouble of duplication of effort.  Any suggestions on name?

On a side note, I tried a couple times to make Apache2 and Apache2-docs into .tcz's, but they didn't work right and I never got back to it.  If someone wanted to convert them before I do that would be great.
Old wounds that have never healed need to be re-exposed before the cure can be applied.  The cure must be available before the wound is re-exposed.

Offline Onyarian

Re: v4l2 and media for video capture cards
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »
TcVideo - VideoTc???