WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny Core 3.0 Alpha 8 Testing  (Read 37568 times)

Offline SvOlli

• Linux Developer
Re: Tiny Core 3.0 Alpha 8 Testing
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »
Please also note, that there's been a fix against a vulnerability for libpng release three days ago.
This vulnerability has been assigned ID CVE-2010-1205.

Source: http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

I think this calls for an update of libpng.

Offline meo

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
Hi Jason!

I wasn't sure where to post it so I did it where comments are made on the cut of tinycore that I discovered it. Won't happen again.

Have fun and keep up your good work,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
Hi again Jason!

I wasn't sure where to post it so I did it in the thread that is discussing the cut of tinycore where I discovered it. It won't happen again. Sorry!

Have fun and keep up your good work,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 02:42:15 PM »
Hey meo,

No big deal.  But even if it is suspected that an issue with an extension is related to changes in the base, it keeps the TCB release thread cleaner to post it in the TCE Bugs area.  If it is found that the issue with the extension is caused by a change or issue in base, then a mention of it can be made here.

Thanks.

Offline robc

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
I'm having trouble getting my PS/2 mouse to work with 3.x. I attached the messages log from syslog. It looks like this is what is said about the problem:
May 15 00:30:49 (none) user.info kernel: PNP: PS/2 Controller [PNP0303:PS2K,PNP0f13:PS2M] at 0x60,0x64 irq 1,12
May 15 00:30:49 (none) user.warn kernel: Failed to disable AUX port, but continuing anyway... Is this a SiS?
May 15 00:30:49 (none) user.warn kernel: If AUX port is really absent please use the 'i8042.noaux' option.

Edit: this is on a base norestore boot
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 03:50:41 PM »
Looks like the libpng.so symlink changed between alpha7 and 8. I don't think this should've happened; it should still point to libpng12.so, not to libpng.so.3 as it now does.
Will be fine in alpha nine.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »
@robc:

Try the options i8042.reset and i8042.nopnp (separately and together). If still nothing, and it works in earlier kernels, please boot with i8042.debug and post a bug report to the kernel bugzilla.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 06:50:17 AM »
It seems there is a problem with the development tool chain, see topic

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=6621.0

In fact not the development tool chain but libstdc++.so.6.0.9 in the base should be libstdc++.so.6.0.13...

Offline robc

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 11:02:52 AM »
@robc:

Try the options i8042.reset and i8042.nopnp (separately and together). If still nothing, and it works in earlier kernels, please boot with i8042.debug and post a bug report to the kernel bugzilla.
Thanks for the suggestion. reset, nopnp, and noaux had no affect of the function of the mouse even though noaux cleared the failure message. The PS/2 mouse isn't too much of an problem for me since I will only be using USB devices.

A bigger problem is when I exit X I can only see a few characters in the prompt. They are not always the same, sometimes I can only see the "y" character, other times its only "t". Sometimes I can see everything but after issuing a few commands all but a few characters disappear... ???

If I boot with the text bootcode then the prompt is ok and acts normally. It only has this problem after X has been started. This happens with either Xvesa of Xorg without 3d, when the Xorg-7.5-3d extension is loaded then everything works fine... :-\ I guess I'll have to use Xorg with this board, also I tried using Xorg -configure as stated in the info file but this resulted in a segmentation fault and gave an unusable conf file, so I tried the vesa one that was included and that seemed to work. I attached the Xorg.0.log with the seg fault.

I tried 2.11.4 on this board and looks like these problems are present there also.
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »
I think another busybox update would be nice for some good reasons, just tested 1.17.0 from git and found:

1. resolved losetup bug showing only loop devices till /dev/loop9 and additionally not showing any free loop devices behind that (VERY annoying, still in tc 2.11.x and 3.0ay)
2. resolved mktemp behaviour to create tmp files "somewhere" but now in /tmp/ like in coreutils
3. minor code shrinks during the last weeks (wanna make tc smaller and smaller, eh?)

Best regards,
Robert
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »
I think another busybox update would be nice for some good reasons, just tested 1.17.0 from git and found:

1. resolved losetup bug showing only loop devices till /dev/loop9 and additionally not showing any free loop devices behind that (VERY annoying, still in tc 2.11.x and 3.0ay)
2. resolved mktemp behaviour to create tmp files "somewhere" but now in /tmp/ like in coreutils
3. minor code shrinks during the last weeks (wanna make tc smaller and smaller, eh?)

Best regards,
Robert

We're aware ;)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 08:18:30 AM »
Ok, installing software after removing the pen where there microcore cause the package is installed without the dependencies (and obviously does not work).
With the pen mounted still works perfectly.
The old version not have the problem.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:20:10 AM by vinnie »

Offline Xianwen Chen

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 11:04:04 AM »
Tiny Core v3.0 Alpha8 is now posted at http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release_candidates

Change log for Alpha 8

* Cleanup of many system file permissions.
* Updated tce-audit for recursive deletions.
* Updated appsaudit added "Clear Marked for Deletion" option.

Note. Files likely in your backup that have changed permissions and need to be updated:

opt/.filetool.lst
opt/.xfiletool.lst
opt/tcemirror

Notes: When using the updated "Mark for Deletion" in Apps Audit, check by also using
"Display Marked for Deletion" and if needed/desired the new "Clear Marked for Deletion"

I'm not sure if this is a bug Xorg, graphics, or TCL 3 Alpha 8. However, a screenshot is taken. It could be worse that the whole screen is blurred.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:53:06 PM by Rich »

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
Ok, installing software after removing the pen where there microcore cause the package is installed without the dependencies (and obviously does not work).
With the pen mounted still works perfectly.
The old version not have the problem.

Modifying the content of the file / opt / .tce_dir (with a tmp dir for example) everything works fine.

Offline neonix

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »
I can't mount MMC or SD card in 3.x, Kingston DataTraveler pendrive works fine. I don't even know how to investigate this problem.