WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Opera  (Read 10033 times)

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Opera
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
or qt (appears to rely on a few kdelibs though)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 01:07:42 AM »
The Qt backend is AFAIK disabled, and yes the KDE backend requires a lot of KDE.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 03:04:00 AM »
Code: [Select]
ldd liboperakde4.so |grep not

libkdecore.so.5 => not found
libkdeui.so.5 => not found
libkio.so.5 => not found
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline SamK

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »
While doing something totally unrelated to this discussion, pure chance narrowed down the cause of the difference mentioned in reply#14.

Both partitions routinely load gtk2.tcz.  In the TC3.3 partition only, xfce4-notifyd.tcz is loaded, which includes includes gtk2.tcz as a dependency.  If xfce4-notifyd.tcz is not loaded, Opera is displayed in the less attractive mode described previously.   

It appears that the 'polished' look of Opera is caused by one or more of the dependencies of xfce4-notifyd.tcz minus gtk2.tcz.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:51:32 PM by SamK »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 01:42:52 AM »
Hm, gtk-engines is not in the dep tree. Perhaps one of the Xfce deps includes their own theme & engine.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »
...or one of them might simply write to .gtkrc-2.0 or to an 'include' file of latter.

Comparing gtkrc-2.0 or resp. 'include' file before and after loading xfce4-notifyd.tcz as well as between the partitions would tell.

Offline SamK

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 02:37:39 AM »
Not that I am going to pursue this with any degree of priority or urgency, however, as I had a fresh build to do of TC3.3 I was able to get a little more information.

Before any gtk2 elements had been added to the fresh build, the block like menus in Opera were present.  Adding xfce4-notifyd.tcz, and thereby gtk2 as a dependency, presented the more 'polished' appearance.  A copy of gtkrc-2.0 had not been generated at this point, or after a reboot.

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 03:14:32 AM »
try loading only shared-mime-info and hicolor-icon-theme
then execute :
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache -q -f -t /usr/local/share/icons/hicolorthis is already done when you load xfce4-notifyd, see its tce.installed script

if still no result try loading libxcb, and libxcb-util too
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:25:58 AM by Arslan S. »

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
You could try to use opera:config#FileSelector|DialogToolkit and set value to 2 for gtk
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:00:16 PM by tinypoodle »

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »
SamK, you could use

opera --full-version
at any given moment to see enabled capabilities.

Offline SamK

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 03:29:46 AM »
try loading only shared-mime-info and hicolor-icon-theme
then execute :
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache -q -f -t /usr/local/share/icons/hicolorthis is already done when you load xfce4-notifyd, see its tce.installed script
Good call, this produces the more 'polished' look to the menu etc.

Offline mpayne

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
I have been using Opera for quite a while now though recently, I have been experiencing problems with my browser. I have set the preferences to block all unwanted pop ups and for some reason, a web site I have been able to access before, I cant go to anymore.  When I click on the button, the page just refreshes and do not lead me to the main page. Any ideas on why this is happening?