General TC > General TC Talk

Playing around with Meego - Perhaps a source for eeepc linux drivers

(1/2) > >>

bigpcman:
I've been playing around with Meego and poking around in the file structure. I noticed there are some  drivers that might be nice to have available in tc.

See attached dmesg output.

edit : this was for a eeepc 900a - I also attached the tc3alpha 5 dmesg, they are similar but there some differences.

curaga:
Which drivers do you mean?

I mainly saw bluetooth, wireless, and graphics, all of which are available in extensions.

bigpcman:

--- Quote from: curaga on June 04, 2010, 01:27:14 PM ---Which drivers do you mean?

I mainly saw bluetooth, wireless, and graphics, all of which are available in extensions.

--- End quote ---

Yes those plus I suppose the intel ethernet and acpi  drivers would complete the set.

I thought  Meego had some optimized drivers and that the tc extensions were more generic.

althalus:

--- Quote from: bigpcman on June 04, 2010, 02:30:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: curaga on June 04, 2010, 01:27:14 PM ---Which drivers do you mean?

--- End quote ---

Yes those plus I suppose the intel ethernet and acpi  drivers would complete the set.

I thought  Meego had some optimized drivers and that the tc extensions were more generic.

--- End quote ---
Yes, so highly optimised for intel that it won't run on AMD chips.  And I'm not sure if that's drivers that can be plucked out and dumped in another OS as much as the entire kernel.

bigpcman:

--- Quote from: althalus on June 04, 2010, 05:08:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: bigpcman on June 04, 2010, 02:30:01 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Yes, so highly optimised for intel that it won't run on AMD chips.  And I'm not sure if that's drivers that can be plucked out and dumped in another OS as much as the entire kernel.

--- End quote ---
I wonder how we could test if they could be used?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version