Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

python

(1/1)

jjacobs:
All,

I installed pyton2.5.2.tcz. There appears to be no python executable.  After changing directories to root via cd / then searching via find ./ -name python 2>/dev/null the result is python appearing only in /usr/local/tce.installed but nowhere else.

Appreciate help from tc python developers.

maro:
How about '/usr/local/bin/python2.5'?

If you like you could create your own symbolic link from 'python' to 'python2.5'. BTW, if I want to find out what executables are provided by an extension (e.g. 'EXT.tcz') I do ls -l /tmp/tcloop/EXT/usr/local/bin. Please note that this is not fail-safe since not all executables are guaranteed to be in '/usr/local/bin' but it works most of the time.

Jason W:
I intentionally left out /usr/local/bin/python from the 2.5.2 extension as it is only intended for library support of some extensions that have not been rebuilt against 2.6.  Even if I used the startup script in 2.5.2 to create the symlink if it is not already there, and use the script in 2.6 to overwrite it, there would still be confusion as to which python one is using.   I will add to the info file of 2.5.2 to create the /usr/local/bin/python symlink if one wants to use 2.5.2 as their main python.

jjacobs:
I should have realized.  Thank you!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version