Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

ondemand shuld download the app if not present

(1/1)

jls:
Since I have ~/.wmx/Ondemand in filetool I'd like the scripts generated by ondemand (from cpanel) to check if the tcz exists otherwise download it from the repo.

I also would like the ondemand script to accept a parameter so I can associate to a filetype the ondemand script where the parameter is the filename

Guy:

--- Quote ---I'd like the scripts generated by ondemand (from cpanel) to check if the tcz exists otherwise download it from the repo.
--- End quote ---

If something is not right, it may be a good idea to have a message displayed, explaining the situation, and suggesting what the user should do to fix it.

However, it is not a good idea to download or modify the system automatically, without the user requesting it.

Some people run Tiny Core without being connected to the internet.

Some people run modified extensions containing personal settings, for example, for printer setup. If these were updated automatically, the user may lose their settings. You don't want this being done automatically.

I have one modified extension, with a dep file. When I run update dep database, my dep file is removed, and the application doesn't work. I need to keep another copy, and put it back manually after running update dep database. If this type of thing happened automatically, it would cause me grief.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version