WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [enlightenment] wbar doesn't get populated during boot if desktop=enlightenment for example  (Read 13655 times)

Offline althalus

(It could also be that my version is slightly newer than the version in the repo. Just need to find some time to finish putting together new info and dep files before I submit the new version)

This does not work with the version of enlightenment in the repository.
I should have enough free time after work tonight to get the new version finished up and send it off to the extensions gmail account. I believe that should resolve this issue.

If the libs have their own versions, could you use those in the info files instead of the e snapshot version? I think at least eet is a formal 1.2.x release..
Not sure I follow, but e is generally developed against the latest versions of the libs from the repo. Relying on a snapshot two or three months old for the libraries whilst providing the latest e would be silly and cause problems.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Hm...  On a fresh 2.10 placing this USB_Installl.desktop into /home/tc/Desktop it works as expected:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=USB Installer
Categories=Application;
Exec=sudo usbinstall
Icon=dialog-warning
Terminal=true
StartupNotify=false

but doesn't work in /usr/local/share/applications :( I do not know why it behaves differently. When usbinstall terminates with an error message terminal window is closed immediately :(

1. Not really helpful to only work in home.
2. Should work in either /usr/share/applications or /usr/local/share/applications.

As I said, LXDE does and is the most compliant. XFCE less so, Englightenment, I am waiting.

The .desktop items are not that difficult. I am looking consistency in support of a standard, otherwise much effort will not result in good experience.

10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
2. Should work in either /usr/share/applications or /usr/local/share/applications.

For sure. And must work starting with the run command too in the menu. Trying to fix, work in progress.

The .desktop items are not that difficult. I am looking consistency in support of a standard, otherwise much effort will not result in good experience.

Using .desktop definition files is a good idea. BTW, it brings in a new attribute, category.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."