Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

glib2 error while updating

(1/1)

kevinfish:
while running tce-update I got this:

Error on fetch of /mnt/sda7/tce/optional/glib2.tcz.md5.txt
Could be a network issue or ...
that this extension has a new name or is no longer supported!

Is this normal, a bug, or is there something wrong with my machine?

thane:
I have this file in the tce/optional directory on my machine (/mnt/sda1/tce/optional), and as far as I know my extensions are up-to-date. Did you check to see if the file exists on yours? Could something be wrong with the path?

kevinfish:
I re-installed with 2.10 and the problem went away.  Guess I'm not going to worry about it :)

thanks.

thane:
Well, I just started running 2.10, and I got the same error you did running tce-update, for a different extension (Mplayer-nodeps.tcz.md5.text). When I re-ran tce-update though it completed OK. So you may be right about it being a network problem.

Also, I got a permissions error on the dep file for Xpdf (the dep file is now in my tce/optional directory) while running tce-update a little earlier. I have the tce directory on a USB stick (FAT 32) so maybe that's an issue?

Both Mplayer and Xpdf still work though.

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: thane on March 22, 2010, 02:51:13 AM ---
Also, I got a permissions error on the dep file for Xpdf (the dep file is now in my tce/optional directory) while running tce-update a little earlier. I have the tce directory on a USB stick (FAT 32) so maybe that's an issue?

--- End quote ---

It is safe to keep tce directory on a FAT partition. There are only text and compressed files stored, no symlinks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version