Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

hard reset after total freeze

(1/1)

SixT7:
Hi,
last session, i clicked on a link in pidgin, and i just showed an error i didnt read, because i thought it would be just, that i need to chose the browser i want to open links with. Maybe it was. So i changed the settings so pidgin would open clicked URLs in a new firefox window.
After that i got another error. Pidgin couldnt open the URL, because there were too many processes runnig. I ignored it and tried it again with the same result.
then, conky showed me that pidgin is using 100% of the cpu so i quit pidgin (just with klicking on the X).
when i did this, the cpu usage was normal again.
When i then clicked pidgin to start it again, everything froze. Nothing worked, not even Ctrl + Alt = F1 or Del. I dont know the other hotkeys, but i tried all the function keys with ctrl + alt but nothing worked.
was there a hotkey i didnt know, or was it the first total freeze ive seen in linux?
Is pidgin buggy?
(Im running Tinycore from USB with backups, so i guess i dont have logs files...)

SixT7

curaga:
The "linux salute" is sysrq + s (sync), sysrq + u (umount), sysrq + b (reboot). On many systems sysrq is on the same key as print screen, if so add alt to the presses.

As for the hang, it's likely a pidgin bug, maybe running out of ram. Do you have swap?

SixT7:
nope, because I dont know how to set it up  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version