General TC > General TC Talk

Tiny Core in thin clients

(1/1)

JuniperSprouts:
  I am busy reading all of the forum posts and all available documentation.  I am currently working on several models of thin clients.  The modern units handle just about any operating system.  The less-powerful models only have 8MB DOC (disk on chip).  As TC runs in RAM, it should work, provided I can figure out a way to get it to boot.  I just really, really want to breathe life into these retired units.

Hopefully one day there will be a section of the forum dedicated to thin clients.

batnas:
Hi

I have a neoware Capio 620 with 16MB DOC and 64 MB RAM and 300Mhz, and it runs just fine with TC. (with storage on USB-drive)
You can download the ISO-file, and PXE-boot it to the thinstation. That is the way I do, when a pc do not have CD-drive og can not USB-boot.
If you have any questions i'll be glad to help as much as i can with both PXE(I believe there already are plenty threads about PXE-booting) and setting up TC with USB-Storage. (also plenty threads)

--- Quote from: JuniperSprouts on March 15, 2010, 12:34:56 PM ---  Hopefully one day there will be a section of the forum dedicated to thin clients.

--- End quote ---

Is this something, Admins??

\\Batnas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version