WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Opera 10.10 persistency problem  (Read 1445 times)

Offline edmenje

Opera 10.10 persistency problem
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
Hi, I've been away from Tinycore for a while, but I'm trying to make a comeback to it.  Previously was running in Qemu on flash drive, and XP and Vista.  My current situation is that I'm running it on Vista in Virtual Box.  I'm still using TC 2.0 since that's what I'm most familiar with and I'm getting my feet back in the water with this (I'll most likely upgrade with a new VM after a bit).

One of the current problems I'm having is getting a persistency in Opera, every time I reboot all my preferences, theme, bookmarks etc are gone.  I have added to my filetool.lst, here is the current list:

Code: [Select]
opt/bootlocal.sh
opt/.tcrc
opt/.backgrounds
opt/jwmThemes
opt/.filetool.lst
opt/.xfiletool.lst
usr/local/share/opera
etc/operaprefs_default.ini
etc/operaprefs_fixed.ini
home/tc

Is there some other folder/file I need to add to have added to keep all my work in Opera available, or maybe some other step that needs to be taken?

Other questions arise re Virtual Box, but they are for different forum areas and I will post them there.
Hi Again to the TinyCore Community
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:53:31 PM by edmenje »
The only binaries that can stop you are the ones you compile yourself  ;-)

Offline batnas

Re: Opera 10.10 persistency problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »
Well..
It sounds as you havent made the backup.

I have to manualy to make the backup-file by running
Code: [Select]
filetool.sh backupalso you need to specify the backup-dir in the grub menu.lst

also look at:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.com/tiki-index.php?page=Backup

\\Batnas

Offline edmenje

Re: Opera 10.10 persistency problem
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick response batnas, I checked the link you gave me, and set it all up with an install of TC2.9 in VirtualBox.  This time everything persists, not just the programs, but the changes to Opera as well.  I even set up grub to get jwm back as my window manager.

Slowly I'm coming back to remember things about working with Tinycore.  As I said before, I've been away from it for a while with other projects getting me involved, but I hope to get back and start working with it more often.

This situation has been solved,
Thanks
The only binaries that can stop you are the ones you compile yourself  ;-)