WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] suggestions.smallest web browser or text editor with image viewer  (Read 2998 times)

aus9

hi

I can click on each app in appbrowser....but I thought I would ask ppl with more experience and better looking too....heh heh.

I intend to make a file which is either a document with images....may be viewable from a web browser or a text editor gui like abiword or a text editor for just the text and some image viewer to be opened for any images.

Anyone have suggestions from only the tcz database on what you would suggest.

There is no rush to reply and may not reply until I have see (if any) replies for one week.....kind of showing I am not fussed if no-one replies but delighted if they do....but its non-urgent.

If you can think of a smarter way feel free to suggest that as well. However, there is no guarantee that my intended users will have the internet as they may be just using TC as purely a live cd in rescue mode.

regards

gordy aka aus9
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:07:53 AM by aus9 »

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum

I intend to make a file which is either a document with images....

pdf ?
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline h-munster

It looks like the smallest web browser that allows graphics in the repository is chimera2.tcz, followed by links.tcz, dillo2.tcz and elinks.tcz.

netrik.tcz is really small and it might have some graphics capability.

In regards to having more experience and being better looking, I merely did a search in the repository, and I have a big nose.

aus9

hi

thats great .......me thinks putting a pdf file onto my iso will be too big and xpdf was too big with dependencies and epdview was small but blew out once I looked at the dependencies

netrik....ok I install it...but had trouble using it...it seemed to install to /netrik....and not to /usr/local/bin but maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

chimera seems small enough for me

end of request I am closing it

thanks to everyone

btw in aussieland....females apparently can tell something about the dimensions of my face or lack thereof but no-one was kind enough to explain it to my face....heh heh
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:10:15 AM by aus9 »

Offline tinypoodle

Re: [SOLVED] suggestions.smallest web browser or text editor with image viewer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 01:57:59 PM »

netrik....ok I install it...but had trouble using it...it seemed to install to /netrik....and not to /usr/local/bin but maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

+1
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)