WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: VBox-OSE-additons 3.0.4 has shared folder bug  (Read 5842 times)

Offline Kingdomcome

Re: VBox-OSE-additons 3.0.4 has shared folder bug
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 08:43:43 PM »
For me using the evdev mouse driver caused the mouse to not function at all.  Also, installing the guest additions from the ISO provided by the host app resulted in the same Xorg failure as the additions built from the OSE source, which make sense because there is no difference in what is installed, only the install method.

I am working on a new streamlined build script that only builds the additions which should cut the extension making time in third.  I will post the script here once it is complete if it produces the same results, otherwise it will be in the src dir of the repo.

Offline Kingdomcome

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »
It seems to me that there is a kernel incompatibilty issue between VBox 3.1.x and 2.6.29.1.  None of the modules from VBox 3.1.x would insert successfully.  I will upgrade the additions extension to 3.0.12 which I believe has the fix for the shared folder bug noted.  Look for the new extension to be submitted this weekend.

Offline msolnik

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:37:36 PM »
Kingdomcome - what is the issue you are seeing? I can build the non-OSE modules against the kernel no problem. If you post your errors I might be able to help out...

Offline Kingdomcome

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 06:04:34 AM »
I am going to work towards getting 3.0.12 into the repo along with another project that has been waiting for exception handling this weekend.  Once those are submitted, I will revisit the 3.1.x build.

Offline Kingdomcome

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
3.0.12 split and posted!

Offline msolnik

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
Nice job Kingdom. Just wanted to let you know - based on your script I was able to successfully build and run the Vbox OSE 3.1.4 guest additions. If you are having build problems use the full kernel build src - http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/2.x/release/src/linux-2.6.29.1-built.tar.bz2
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:25:02 PM by msolnik »

Offline Kingdomcome

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 09:08:34 AM »
Ive tried building against linux-headers and the full linux source and I am still getting the exact same Xorg errors.  I will attach the stripped down build script that builds only the additions and take considerably less time than building the entire package.