WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Minor suggestions for 2.9rc3  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Guy

Minor suggestions for 2.9rc3
« on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
Some minor things to consider for rc3.

There is USB Install in the control panel and USB Installation in the menu. It would be consistent to use USB Install in both places.

Apps Audit in the control panel is called Appsaudit in the menu. It could be changed to Apps Audit, for consistency.

In the control panel there is TCE Update. In the menu there is Update Extensions. It may be easier for new users if these were both called Update Apps (new users may not know what tce or extensions mean). It would also be consistent with Apps Audit. Apps Audit and Update Apps could also be put next to each other, as they are related.

On the previous release candidate (I haven't checked on this one) when running TCE Update, and new directory is created called upgrade. This new directory could be called update.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Minor suggestions for 2.9rc3
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
I think it probably best to offer in only one place and I opt to use the control panel.

There were complaints whenever I added to the system menu from the other window manager maintainers, as they must revisit their extensions.

Therefore whenever possible I will try to use the control panel, as that is referenced by all current window manager extensions.

But even when I drop these duplicates, the other window managers must follow up. Either way I get grief.

Suggestion noted. FLWM system tools menu will be purged of those items in the control panel for rc3.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:10:43 PM by roberts »
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Minor suggestions for 2.9rc3
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
Updated flwm.tcz and flwm_topside.tcz now posted in the repository.
Items in the Control Panel that were also listed in the Tools section have been purged.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.