Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

problem with chromium

(1/1)

jur:
I am trying out a fresh install on a usb stick. Chromium won't load web pages, it reports

--- Code: ---[2458:2463:677390998:ERROR:base/shared_memory_posix.cc(192)] Creating shared memory in /dev/shm/org.chromium.o3QTBj failed: No such file or directory

--- End code ---
There are about 4 such lines, all same but with the number stuff different.

Rochey:
Just to say I've got similar messages on a usb install. I'm running Chromium from the command line and getting 6 messages like below (XXXXX = random letters and numbers)

"ERROR:base/shared_memory_posicx.cc(192) Creating shared memory in /dev/shm/org.chomium.XXXXX failed: No such file or directory"

Chromium opens fine and appears to show that it is loading pages (the info message at the bottom left corner Loading www.google.com.....) but I always get a blank page.

Rochey

Just to add additional information. I just tried and booted tinycore_2.9.r2.iso (which I installed onto my USB drive) and then installed chromium and everything was ok, google showed and other pages worked. So it seems it's a problem with the USB installed version. I installed using the usbinstall button on the control panel.

Cheers
Rochey

jls:
also on my system, chromium (686 version) shows only blank pages

jur:
I have tested my setup with tc-2.8.1 and it works then. So it is connected with the new tc-2.9rc3.

Guy:
This does not help those who don't have it working, but it works for me on tc2.9rc3. I have a hard drive install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version