Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

Inkscape - Internal errors

(1/3) > >>

trinity:
I just upgraded from TC 2.8 to 2.8.1 (as I could never get 2.8 to upgrade apps) by replacing the bzImage and tinycore.gz files.

All went well but when I tried to upgrade 2.8.1 files it froze after a message that gcc_libs was missing. I needed to reboot twice before it came back to a desktop and then when I tried upgrade again it stalled at the same place. I noticed it was when it tried to upgrade inkscape so deleted the inkscape files and then all came good.

This is the second time I have had problems just with inkscape.tcz although I see it has changed since I last reported a problem (never got any acknowledgement here last time.)

But it still seems to be broken. Hopefully someone will take note this time.
Meanwhile I'm using inkscapelite.

curaga:
I'm not sure I understand your issue - you had trouble with extension upgrade?

On a fresh 2.8 boot, tce-load -wi inkscape, it works fine here.

trinity:
Not sure how else I can explain this but here goes.

Yes I had problems previously with running inkscape.tcz previously on TC 2.8 in fact on TC 2.7 also.
I did 3 separate clean installs to TC 2.7 and 2 clean installs to TC 2.8 to check it wasn't an install problem but each time I had the same problem. Please see http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=4633.0 and http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=4647.0
But I found it was a dependancy issue which I could work around. It still needed fixing IMHO.

Okay so now, as I say above, I replaced the bzImage and tinycore.gz files of v2.8 with those of TC 2.8.1
I then used Tools>Update_Extensions and it stopped with the message that gcc_libs was missing.
It froze the system and I had to do two hard reboots to get back to a desktop. When I did that I did Tools>Update_Extensions again and it stopped updating again but I noticed it stopped whilst trying to update Inkscape.  So I deleted the inkscpae.tcz files in /tce/optional and rebooted. I did Tools>Update_Extensions yet again and it updated all remaining extensions this time.

So I assume the new inkscape.tcz doesn't like being updated the Tools>Update_Extensions way, unlike all the 20 other extensions I have.

Hope that is clear but please tell me specifically if any of this is unclear.

Thank you

curaga:
I do see now, thanks for explaining. This is an issue in the update routine, likely nothing wrong with inkscape.tcz per se. It could be the fact it's a big file, or that it got an additional dep before the update.

Moving this to TCB bugs.

trinity:
Okay so I just tried to install inkscape your way ie
--- Code: ---tce-load -wi inkscape
--- End code ---
rather than using appsbrowser.
I got an error message

--- Quote ---inkscape.tcz: OK
Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
--- End quote ---

This time it updated okay with Tools>Update_Extensions but clicking on the wbar icon  inkscape doesn't run.

Using a terminal I get

--- Quote ---Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Emergency save activated!
***glibc detected *** inkscape:malloc(): memory corruption:0x0a7b66d0***
Aborted
--- End quote ---

I then did
--- Code: ---tce-load -wi inkscapelite
--- End code ---
and I got a similar message about

--- Quote ---Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
--- End quote ---
But inkscapelite ran perfectly from wbar or the terminal.

HTH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version