Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

/usr/share/doc/tc/help.html needs to be updated

(1/1)

jls:
 ::)

roberts:
Does it really help? I am inclined to drop it.
With such dramatic changes to Core  it would only slow down the releases to try to maintain embedded docs.
With it on the website changes can be adjusted without regard to actual releases.

Guy:
I think, in the long term, it would be a good idea to have a help extension. Those new to Tiny Core could use it. Those who have already learnt, or who use the wiki, would not nead it.

It would be good to have it in html format, and explain an internet browser needs to be installed to read it.

It would be good to include much more information than what is on the existing.

However, at the present time some of the information on the wiki is correct for one or two or three versions ago. Tiny Core is being improved at a rapid rate, and people updating the wiki don't have time to update immediately. I updated one page yesterday, but there are many more which need updating.

Additional subjects could be added to the wiki, and much of the existing could be improved.

I think, drop the help section from Tiny Core.

At some time in the future, someone can make a help extension, even if it starts with just a little information.

roberts:
Guy, Thanks for the feedback on the embedded docs.
I want to acknowledge that you have been very helpful in producing good documentation.
Many thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version