Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

libbonoboui

(1/3) > >>

althalus:
Hi Guys,

Either I'm missing something, or libgnomeui isn't available as an extension yet. In trying to compile it, I discovered that I need libbonoboui. Currently I'm getting compile errors with libbonoboui. Has anyone ever tried to compile libbonoboui, or got any solutions what the error might be? I can see a couple of bugs reported for other distros, for which the fix apparently exists in the brasero package, but I'm not trying to get brasero running.

the error:

--- Code: ---In file included from ../bonobo/bonobo-dock-band.h:47,
                 from bonobo-dock.h:55,
                 from bonobo-dock.c:30:
../bonobo/bonobo-dock-item.h:108: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'bonobo_dock_item_get_type'
In file included from bonobo-dock.h:55,
                 from bonobo-dock.c:30:
../bonobo/bonobo-dock-band.h:105: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'bonobo_dock_band_get_type'
In file included from bonobo-dock.c:30:
bonobo-dock.h:92: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'bonobo_dock_get_type'
bonobo-dock.c:35: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'bonobo_dock'
bonobo-dock.c:36: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '(' token
bonobo-dock.c:36: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
bonobo-dock.c:36: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'GNOME_CLASS_BOILERPLATE'
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'bonobo_dock_size_request':
bonobo-dock.c:254: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bonobo_dock_get_type'
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'bonobo_dock_map':
bonobo-dock.c:487: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GNOME_CALL_PARENT'
bonobo-dock.c:487: error: 'GTK_WIDGET_CLASS' undeclared (first use in this function)
bonobo-dock.c:487: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
bonobo-dock.c:487: error: for each function it appears in.)
bonobo-dock.c:487: error: 'map' undeclared (first use in this function)
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'bonobo_dock_unmap':
bonobo-dock.c:520: error: 'GTK_WIDGET_CLASS' undeclared (first use in this function)
bonobo-dock.c:520: error: 'unmap' undeclared (first use in this function)
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'bonobo_dock_add':
bonobo-dock.c:533: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bonobo_dock_item_get_type'
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'bonobo_dock_remove':
bonobo-dock.c:598: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bonobo_dock_band_get_type'
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'bonobo_dock_finalize':
bonobo-dock.c:670: error: 'parent_class' undeclared (first use in this function)
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'drag_new':
bonobo-dock.c:753: warning: ignoring return value of 'g_list_append', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bonobo-dock.c:755: warning: ignoring return value of 'g_list_prepend', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bonobo-dock.c: In function 'drag_floating':
bonobo-dock.c:830: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gtk_widget_ref'
bonobo-dock.c:847: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gtk_widget_unref'
make[2]: *** [bonobo-dock.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/dev/libbonoboui-2.8.1/bonobo'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/dev/libbonoboui-2.8.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

--- End code ---

curaga:
Any specific reason for trying to build such an old version, from 2005? The latest is 2.24.2, dated 23 sep 2009. Since the bonobo extension is 2.24.1, using the latest version would be worth a try.

Arslan S.:
i have built libbonoboui and libgnomeui recently i may send these as an extension in near future

althalus:

--- Quote from: curaga on January 26, 2010, 04:28:09 AM ---Any specific reason for trying to build such an old version, from 2005? The latest is 2.24.2, dated 23 sep 2009. Since the bonobo extension is 2.24.1, using the latest version would be worth a try.

--- End quote ---

Uh......? Because I'm used to the latest being the last in the list and I was far too tired to be trying to compile anything? Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

althalus:
Whilst using a more recent build does resolve my initial problem, during make it is trying to find libexpat.la and popt.la in /usr/lib, except they are in /usr/local/lib - Any advice on how to fix this? I'm coming up blank at the moment.

Arslan, if you're not ready to submit them yet, could you perhaps email them to me? Or post some build instructions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version