Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

alsa doesn't work

(1/2) > >>

jls:
after the update of alsa  I don't have sound:

--- Code: --- tc@box:~$alsamixer
ALSA lib conf.c:3009:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/local/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory

--- End code ---

Jason W:
Those with existing alsa.tcz extensions need to also download alsa-config.tcz for it to function.

jur:
My alsa is not working after updating this morning; I did have it working after the alsa-config change. I didn't have to do anything else such as change config files or anything then.

Now, this morning after updating alsa, no sound. Does anything need to be configured in alsa-config?

curaga:
Any errors? Are your sound modules still loaded?

How does alsamixer look?

maro:
I've just done a quick comparison (using QEMU 0.11.1) between TC 2.9rc1 and 2.0rc2:

(1) For RC1 'tce-load -wi alsa' fails with:

--- Code: ---/usr/local/tce.installed/alsa: line 6: udevadm: not found
/usr/local/tce.installed/alsa: line 7: udevadm: not found
--- End code ---

I suspect that a recent change of that startup file to deal with the new udev (in RC2) has "broken" all older versions (e.g. 2.8.1). I guess this startup script has to "become aware" of which udev version is in use. BTW, I've just also checked TC 2.8.1: It shows (as expected) the same error messages.

(2) When using RC2 the tce-load does work, but when I try to start alsa I get the following:

--- Code: ---tc@box:~$ sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver: snd-intel8x0
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/local/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_oss.so
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
--- End code ---

AFAIK this shared library is part of the alsa-plugins.tcz extension. I've therefore loaded this extension and can report that 'speaker-test' seems to be working again.

[Edited: update of the analysis for RC2]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version