WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: microcore_v2.8rc3  (Read 15791 times)

Offline alu

Re: microcore_v2.8rc3
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »
thanks curaga, that solves the problem

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
Just a friendly reminder, release candidates are for public preview and testing only.
Anything can change based on public input before final release or next release candidate.
As such, one should not use release candidates as their primary system.
Thank you for your participation in testing and feedback.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 07:08:30 PM »
After reflecting on feedback from both microcore and tinycore topic areas, regarding both the .core.gz/initramfs change and the vfat/symlinks change.

Here is what I done:

1. Drop symlinks and use a simple text file, onboot.lst, for determining which to load on boot. I have modified tce-load, tce-setup, and appsaudit.

2. Add a new boot code lst=mylist.lst.  This will skip the onboot.lst and load up only that which is in mylist.lst I have modified tce-setup.

This should satisfy microcore users that need to 'preload' special extensions, keyboard, etc...,
then after boot can run tce-setup to get full X with onboot specified extensions.

3. Update tc-config to ensure persistent home and/or  persistent opt  is on a supported Linux file system. If not such boot code(s) will be ignored.  I have modified tc-config.

4. Leave usbinstall script as is. Fat support not cut. onboot.lst being a simple text file should present no issues hosted on fat file system.

I feel this will solve most issues and concerns expressed from the combined microcore and tinycore communities' feedback, while also providing even greater flexibility moving forward.

I have coded these changes and am in early testing phase. As such, I will issue a release candidate 4.

Robert

10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.