WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tinycore_v2.8rc4  (Read 9863 times)

Offline meo

Re: tinycore_v2.8rc4
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 06:03:24 AM »
Hi again!

Now I can confirm that I get root access when using emelfm (based on gtk1) as an ordinary user. I'm referring to the ability to mount partitions etc. I don't know if it should be so or if it has to do with something in my backup (which I don't think it has since it's made from scrach except for the .mozilla dir which I copy to get all my bookmarks straight). So what can it be? Would be interesting to know.

Have fun with this ingenious distribution of Linux,
meo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:16:25 PM by meo »
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 06:26:23 AM »
There is an empty /etc/dropbear directory. It can be removed as dropbear is moved to an extension.

/etc/resolv.conf is missing by default and created only when dhcp daemon creates it. When it missing, WICD can't start as first it tries to create a backup which fails. There are to options:

- Change WICD startup
- Add a blank /etc/resolv.conf to TC.

For me both is OK. Why I mention it maybe lack of the file can cause issue for other applications even if I do not know any other.

Thanks for the heads up on dropbear dir. I will plan to add a blank/default /etc/resolv.conf.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline jls

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »
I like very much the new onboot.lst but it's intollerant with non english people:
I like the fact that I don't have to list in this file the deps, but in my case I have to, cause the locale are not automatically loaded, so I suggest, in case in the boot options is specified lang=xx also the locale extensions should be automatically loaded
dCore user

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 07:30:49 AM »
I like very much the new onboot.lst but it's intollerant with non english people:
I like the fact that I don't have to list in this file the deps, but in my case I have to, cause the locale are not automatically loaded, so I suggest, in case in the boot options is specified lang=xx also the locale extensions should be automatically loaded

Thanks for suggestion. We will look to improve non english support.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.