WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: problems getting tiny core 2.7 to mount virtual drive on boot with qemu.  (Read 20081 times)

Offline maro

Re: problems getting tiny core 2.7 to mount virtual drive on boot with qemu.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »
@bigpcman: I don't quite see how you came from my investigation of the disk issues to the conclusion that this would "heal" the Xvesa failure under QEMU (running with '-kernel-kqemu'). There is no connection as far as I can tell. The disk issues do occur likewise in VirtualBox. What I might be "guilty" of is that I confirmed to the OP when I managed to replicate the Xvesa failure.

OTOH, I do have a certain theory about the Xvesa issue which I've mentioned in http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=1776.msg24215#msg24215. I dont' want to repeat myself here, or get even further off-topic but I still would like to see the effect of a new Xvesa built against libc v2.9. For this one would need the Xvesa build files which I believe have now "disappeared" from ibiblio.org.

May I suggest to continue this issue on one of the other threads (e.g. the one mentioned above).

Offline bigpcman

Re: problems getting tiny core 2.7 to mount virtual drive on boot with qemu.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »
@bigpcman: I don't quite see how you came from my investigation of the disk issues to the conclusion that this would "heal" the Xvesa failure under QEMU (running with '-kernel-kqemu'). There is no connection as far as I can tell. The disk issues do occur likewise in VirtualBox. What I might be "guilty" of is that I confirmed to the OP when I managed to replicate the Xvesa failure.

OTOH, I do have a certain theory about the Xvesa issue which I've mentioned in http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=1776.msg24215#msg24215. I dont' want to repeat myself here, or get even further off-topic but I still would like to see the effect of a new Xvesa built against libc v2.9. For this one would need the Xvesa build files which I believe have now "disappeared" from ibiblio.org.

May I suggest to continue this issue on one of the other threads (e.g. the one mentioned above).

I have been chasing this problem around on different threads. I agree my post was out of place relative to the problem your post was addressing. By the way good work on your Xorg investigation and solution. I suspect you are right about "I still would like to see the effect of a new Xvesa built against libc v2.9" being a good path to take to get to the root cause of kqemu Xvesa problems.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:01:22 PM by bigpcman »
big pc man