WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Personal message to someone using a different name on the wiki.  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Guy

Personal message to someone using a different name on the wiki.
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
If a person uses a different name when contributing to the wiki (than on the forum), you can't send them a personal message, as you don't know what name to use.

Is there a way to send a personal message to someone in this situation?
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline JoXo009

Re: Personal message to someone using a different name on the wiki.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »
Is there a way to send a personal message to someone in this situation?

Here on the forum you could ask this person the other way round to send a personal message to you.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »
Currently only the forums is set up for and meant for messaging, whereas the wiki is mainly set up for documentation although some discussion can probably be done via (page) comments.  They are separate to provide separate services and some users may not choose to sign up for the forum for messaging.

Offline Guy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
If anyone has anything they want to discuss about my contributions to the Wiki, feel free to send me a personal message.

It is good that everyone is contributing. The more that contribute the better. Keep it up.

Most people are making great contributions.

For the small proportion of contributors who are not checking, ensure what you are saying is correct, actually works, and is relevant to the subject being discussed. If you have not actually installed Tiny Core, and tried what you are saying, leave it to those who have. If it is on a different subject, start a new page.

I make mistakes too. Someone may find mistakes in my contributions. If anyone does, let me know.

The combined contributions of everyone is much better than anyone could do alone.

Keep contributing.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.