Tiny Core Base > TCB Bugs

TCL 2.7 blocks LAN port

(1/1)

AndreasT:
Hi,

using TCL 2.7 via USB-stick blocks my LAN port, so when I restart the computer I have no network connection anymore. The problem stays on under Ubuntu and Windows until I use a connection with a different IP. That the connection is not working at all under TCL is probably not necessary to mention  ;).

Hardware: ASUS UL30A notebook, I guess an Atheros chip is controlling the LAN port.

/Andreas

PS. It runs under VirtualBox and looks quite exiting.

alu:
i don't know if i understand your problem correctly, but try this if it helps:

1. boot tc;
2. at the command line, type:

sudo ifconfig eth0 YOURIP netmask YOURNETMASK broadcast YOURBROADCAST up

3. always at the command line:

route add default gw YOURGATEWAY

4. always at the command line:

echo nameserver YOURFIRSTDNSSERVER > /etc/resolv.conf
echo nameserver YOURSECONDDNSSERVER >> /etc/resolv.conf

you should be up and running

AndreasT:
Thx for quick reply. I'm a bit afraid of loosing my LAN port hardware wise on my pc used for every day work. So I have an eee which I will use to play with TCL and of course will use your advise there. Running with the Atheros chip as well.

AndreasT:
The eee works out of the box, no problem. But as soon as I connect the UL30A the problem comes again. Playing with the TCL is one thing, but a hardware blocked LAN port on all installed OS is different. I'd really like to use TCL in stet of that virus called Express Gate.
Means, I created a bootable usb-stick with UNetbootin, try it on my UL30A, no network is working. Afterwards I start the pc again and my LAN port is not working anymore else than I plug in a different DHCP cable with a different IP-address. Very strange

enoch:
I have a similar problem booting TCL from an external optical drive....the LAN port is down and a reboot into Windows its still down, had to power off and reboot  to use the LAN. This is on a Eee netbook. My laptop its ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version