WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: xvesa boot code not overriding resolution on persisten install  (Read 2960 times)

Offline baz

xvesa boot code not overriding resolution on persisten install
« on: January 04, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »
I booted up a clean TC from a unetbootin USB stick and specified a custom xvesa=800x600x16 and it worked great.

However, when I installed TC to the disk using persistent tce, opt and home - then installed 915resolution.tcz and changed the boot code to xvesa=1024x600x32, the resolution did not change on next boot. Other standard resolutions and color depths that I tested didn't do anything either. Is this normal given my setup or a bug?

Cheers,
Baz

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: xvesa boot code not overriding resolution on persisten install
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »
915resolution overrides xvesa boot option.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline baz

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:11:08 PM »
It doesn't seem to be completely overriding it. I used the Xvesa_Setup tool to select my preferred resolution as I have done before, but left the boot code as is since you said it gets overridden. But when I reboot, I am prompted by the Xvesa setup menu before the TC desktop appears (this happens every time you reboot). I then removed the boot code and that cleared it up, but I feel it is worth mentioning because some sort of conflict is occurring with it - the boot code is not being applied but at the same time not completely ignored.

It would be nice to be able to leave the boot code in case something ever happens to 915resolution or some other setting - at least it will fall back to a usable resolution - or ignored otherwise.

Cheers,
Baz
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:19:22 PM by baz »

Offline baz

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
Any word on this?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »
Use one or the other not both. When you have a mismatch or multiple setting xsetup is called.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.