WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Nokia Booklet 3G  (Read 8490 times)

Offline radiogen

Nokia Booklet 3G
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:55:39 AM »
Does anyone tried to install TC to internal card reader in Nokia Booklet 3G netbook? I have Windows 7 Ultimate and want to have option to load TC in boot menu.

When I load TC from USB - Booklet 3G SD drive mounts as "mmcblk0p4"

how to make it visible in boot option? I did folow WiKi and stack where you need to write grub commands.

may be some one have an idea where to go?

I have found some info regarding simmilar issue: http://www.a110wiki.de/wiki/Booting_from_SD
how to make TC loading on Nokia Booklet 3G? any help?
thanks!

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Nokia Booklet 3G
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:44:28 AM »
In short, it might not be possible to have it in a bootloader's menu, depending on what kind of card reader it is.

On the other hand, if your BIOS boot menu has the SD reader, then you only need to install to the SD card normally.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline radiogen

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »
In short, it might not be possible to have it in a bootloader's menu, depending on what kind of card reader it is.

On the other hand, if your BIOS boot menu has the SD reader, then you only need to install to the SD card normally.

BIOS doesn't have in boot menu SD reader.  it shows internall hard drive only. Does it mean I can install it on hard drive partition only? so I will have Win7 on drive one the first prtition and TC on the second. will it work this way?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
BIOS doesn't have in boot menu SD reader.  it shows internall hard drive only. Does it mean I can install it on hard drive partition only? so I will have Win7 on drive one the first prtition and TC on the second. will it work this way?

Yes.

If you wish, you can also have only the main tinycore files on the hard drive, and extensions/backup on the SD card.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline sry novanta

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:28 PM »
please help me to reset bios password on nokia booklet 3G..
:)

or maybe.. some one know the default password bios.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:31:08 PM by sry novanta »

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »
@ radiogen:

I think in some machines, the BIOS screen for boot order will not show a removable drive as an option unless the media (USB stick, memory card) is actually inserted.  Try installing to an SD card, plugging that in, then reboot and access the BIOS setup.  Does the boot-order option now show an extra device that might be the SD card drive?  If so, that would be the device name to put into your grub menu configuration (menu.lst or equivalent).
--
ML
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:54:35 AM by MikeLockmoore »