Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Suggestion: Make suffix ".tcz" optional for tce-load

(1/1)

maro:
Since the simplification of the extension names in the repository (to now be all ".tcz") I wonder if it would be possible to relax the requirements for the extension name for tce-load.

By this I mean that tce-load would need to be amended to automatically add ".tcz" if not already present, and that one could use tce-load -wi NAME instead of tce-load -wi NAME.tcz

This is clearly not a critical requirement but merely a "nice to have" for lazy folks like myself.

roberts:
Its in there for v2.8rc1 among several other nice enhancements.

maro:
Thanks Robert!!

Much appreciate your highly responsive approach. Looking forward to the next release ...

Pats:

--- Quote ---By this I mean that tce-load would need to be amended to automatically add ".tcz" if not already
                     present, and that one could use tce-load -wi NAME instead of tce-load -wi NAME.tcz

--- End quote ---
Good suggestion, only a little more re-coding to avoid loading .dep and .info etc other files present in - tce - directory, I think !

--- Quote ---                     Its in there for v2.8rc1 among several other nice enhancements

--- End quote ---
Good thing ! There must be some major changes, if TCL is going from v2.7 to 2.8.
A very fast journey though, from v 2.4 to 2.8 ! :)
Hoping Turbo TCL release with some great features during  TCLs comming Birthday !
Best Luck to TCL Team :)
~ Pats

robc:
What about getting rid of the ".tcz" extension on the end of each extension name in the dep files?
ie tshark.tcz.dep file would look like:
--- Quote ---libcap
openssl-0.9.8k
glib2
libgcrypt
libgpg-error
--- End quote ---
This will save a few bytes for each dep file...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version