Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

gphoto2

(1/1)

Juanito:
gphoto2 had libtool as a dep - since I just reposted libtool and libltdl, I added libltdl as a dep to gphoto2 (the libtool extension previously contained libltdl).

I suspect gphoto2 only requires libltdl as a dep and not libtool, but to be verified.

Edit: this probably also applies to libgphoto2

danielibarnes:
I just tried building libgphoto2, but it fails to find libltdl even though libtool and libtool-dev are loaded. Perhaps I need a libltdl-dev?

Juanito:
Ah - yes, that might well be the case. Let me have a look.

Juanito:
The dev files for libltdl are in libtool-dev, but there is no pkg-config file for libltdl (either libtool does not provide one or "make install" does not copy it over) - maybe that's the problem?

Edit: I checked the source tarball and "make" does not produce any .pc files - perhaps you could try setting appropriate flags for gphoto or making your own .pc file based on one used in other -dev extensions?

danielibarnes:
You are right, there are no .pc files in libtool. I investigated further, and I noticed the libgphoto2 configure script compiles a small C program to test for libltdl. It turns out the error was mine. I build my extensions in a chroot environment. I mistakenly omitted libltdl from the list of extensions to load before building. Once I found that and included it, libgphoto2 built properly.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version