WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How can I make iso with boot and tce folder and mydata.tgz and burn it on CD?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline kagashe

• My Tryst with Linux
At present I am copying the contents of tinycore iso to a spare partition and booting with following entry on Grub menu.lst:
title      tinycore
root       (hd0,X)
kernel      /tinycore/boot/bzImage vga=785 tce=hdd(X+1)
initrd      /tinycore/boot/tinycore.gz
boot
Copying iso creates boot folder on the partition. In addition the tce folder containing the extensions and mydata.tgz containing the backup also reside on the same partition.

Now I would like to make an iso with whole contents of the partition including tce folder and mydata.tgz and make it bootable with the path to tce folder and backup.

How can I do this?

kagashe

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Adapting from the wiki:
mkisofs -l -J -V TC-custom -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -o /tmp/TC-remastered.iso /mnt/hdaX

This assumes your partition is mounted at /mnt/hdaX, and that you have added your desired boot codes to boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg. If you'd like to boot the cd with grub instead of isolinux, please see the grub docs for that.

Edit: please move the boot folder to the partition root before that, isolinux can't find it if it's in /tinycore

Edit 2: mkisofs is in mkisofs-tools.tce
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:27:22 AM by curaga »
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
regarding adding extensions to a tc iso... it should also be possible to burn the regular iso as multisession though i never have in linux. that in linux. then all you do is add the /tce folder after burning the cd the first time. no iso editing needed.

although i'd usually rather add the iso folder with isomaster. that's more useful if you're creating an iso and don't want to burn the same cd over, but not recommended if you can recreate the iso (the above method explained on this page.)