WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: NFS Mounting using nfs-utils.tcz causing "internal error"  (Read 2015 times)

Offline baz

NFS Mounting using nfs-utils.tcz causing "internal error"
« on: December 14, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »
Hello, I am trying to mount an NFS export on my TC machine. I installed nfs-utils.tcz and ran the command "sudo mount.nfs 192.168.0.199:/volume1/downloads/Music ~/tst" (also with explicitly specifying the home folder) but after about three minutes of waiting I get the error "internal error" - nothing more. I tried different command options, and running it verbose but I get the same result without any significant information.

I am doing this wirelessly on my EEEPC 901 with WPA encryption, in case that matters.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be or how to debug it and get more information?

Thanks!

P.S. I know the server is fine as I tested the same mount on different linux boxes (running ubuntu). Perms are not the issue either as my whole lan is granted access and no single machine is specified.

P.P.S. I also just tested this with my wireless disabled and a wired connection working, and I receive the same error - so it's not the wireless.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:41:21 PM by baz »

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: NFS Mounting using nfs-utils.tcz causing "internal error"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
Unless you want to mount using the nolock option you will need to start portmap.
To do this add the following line to bootlocal.sh

/usr/local/etc/init.d/nfs-client start

Offline baz

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »
It worked! Thanks GC. I still got an error saying "Can't set permissions on mtab: Operation not permitted" but it's working.

Offline baz

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »
Oh by the way, should I also put my mount command in bootlocal.sh?

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »
I did add my mounts to bootlocal.sh.