Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

samba3 startup script

(1/2) > >>

Kingdomcome:
the startup script for samba3 leaves the config file /etc/samba/smb.conf as readonly.

Edit:  I would also like to request that starting of the server be removed to allow so that smb.conf can be restored from backup before starting.  Thanks

Jason W:
The copying of the config file as a real file was an easy adjustment, hope Juanito doesn't mind that I went ahead and fixed. it as I have ample bandwidth and some time tonight..

Your mention of the starting of the server came after I began uploading, and of course I will leave that part for him to decide.

Kingdomcome:
Ok.  Thanks!

Juanito:
Thanks for sorting the smb.conf - in fact I had fixed it, but could never keep connected long enough to upload the 20+ mb to the repo...

I've been wondering for a while if we shouldn't have some kind of tinycore official/standard init.d file to start all extension with daemons/etc - I'm not too sure that this could take care of the "conf file in the backup" thing, but then again I don't recall noticing this as an issue with cups, etc?

Jason W:
I am definitely in favor of using /usr/local/etc/init.d scripts to launch daemons, instead of using the /usr/local/tce.installed startup script.  The user is then in control of which services he wants running, and when to start it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version