Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Firefox bookmarks disappear on reboot as does VLC

(1/2) > >>

Neo:
Hi All,
I just rebooted my computer (I did not select back up) and when Tiny Core rebooted I was missing my newest bookmarks and the fact that I had told Firefox to always use VLC to listen to on-line radio.

What do I have to do to maintain my choices and bookmarks?

It still tells me I need to install Flash despite the fact that I installed Getflash10 using Appbrowser.

Any ideas?

Neo:
It seems that you have to select back-up when you reboot or shut down.
Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Now to figure out how to add a decent wall paper...

Guy:
The best way to save settings is to include home=sda1 (or other partition) in the boot menu. It is a good idea to also include opt=sda1 also.

You can use backup, but it may take a long time.

To install Flash Player, while connected to the internet, select getflash10 from the menu (right click).

Neo:

--- Quote from: Guy on November 15, 2009, 10:35:36 PM ---The best way to save settings is to include home=sda1 (or other partition) in the boot menu. It is a good idea to also include opt=sda1 also.

You can use backup, but it may take a long time.

To install Flash Player, while connected to the internet, select getflash10 from the menu (right click).

--- End quote ---

Do you mean to the Grub menu?

My Grub entry for Tiny Core is:

--- Quote ---title   Tiny Core
root   (hd0,10)
kernel   /boot/bzImage quiet tce=sda11 home=sda11 opt=sda11 max_loop=255
initrd   /boot/tinycore.gz
--- End quote ---

Guy:

--- Quote ---Do you mean to the Grub menu?
--- End quote ---

Yes

There have been problems with some Linux distros when a partition over sda9 is used. I don't know if this is a problem with Tiny Core or not.

I suggest installing it on a partition with a lower number. Do you have another partition available, with a lower number, to try?

This is a guess. I don't know for sure. But it is what I would try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version