Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Can I have only restore on startup and no backup on shutdown?

(1/2) > >>

jur:
I have persistent /opt  and /~ folders. The way I use filetool is simply to restore xorg.conf and a few other customisation scripts.

So what I would like to have by default, is to have these files restored at boot time but not backed up at shutdown time (because they are already backed up from previous sessions). If I make a change, I commit that change either by ticking the backup tickbox on the tcexit dialog, or by using the cpanel and doing backup that way.

Something in between the norestore boot option and the default option. Possible now?

jls:
Try to add this in ~/.profile:

--- Code: ---BACKUP=0
export BACKUP
--- End code ---

jur:
That worked, thanks!  :D

Guy:
It is easy to make a new extension with your personal files. Then you don't need to use backup at all.

You need the squashfs-tools-4.0 extension installed.

For example

sudo su
mkdir -p /home/myextension

Copy your files to myextension. If you need to merge directories, use Rox. (sudo rox)

sudo su
cd /home
mksquashfs myextension/ myextension.tcz

Copy the new extension to the tce directory.

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: Guy on November 08, 2009, 01:31:47 AM ---It is easy to make a new extension with your personal files. Then you don't need to use backup at all.

You need the squashfs-tools-4.0 extension installed.

For example

sudo su
mkdir -p /home/myextension

Copy your files to myextension. If you need to merge directories, use Rox. (sudo rox)

sudo su
cd /home
mksquashfs myextension/ myextension.tcz

Copy the new extension to the tce directory.

--- End quote ---

And don't forget to create the md5 file and place in tce, otherwise it will not work:

md5sum myextension.tcz > myextension.tcz.md5.txt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version