WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny Core v15.0  (Read 11047 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Tiny Core v15.0
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2024, 01:36:19 AM »
If you store your settings then manually edit asound.state to change them and then restore without rebooting do the settings change?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2024, 02:59:00 AM »
The problem was here:
Code: [Select]
sudo alsactl store
[edit /usr/local/etc/alsa/asound.state]
sudo alsactl restore
alsa-lib parser.c:2783:(load_toplevel_config) Unable to find the top-level configuration file '/usr/local/etc/alsa/ucm2/ucm.conf'.

alsa-config adjusted and reposted

Offline thane

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2024, 11:40:35 AM »
Hi Juanito, alsa settings are still not being saved between boots. Specifically it's the 'Master' setting not being saved. It looks like asound.state file is being updated when I do "sudo alsactl store" but after I reboot, alsamixer shows the original (muted) setting is back. Don't know what to look for in the asound.state file to see if the setting was actually updated there.

Not 100% sure this is an alsa issue (maybe I'm overlooking something in the save/restore process) since the asound.state file is the only thing I'm saving/restoring other than home and opt. Anyway I can work around this for now.

Thane

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2024, 02:32:46 PM »
Hi thane
... It looks like asound.state file is being updated when I do "sudo alsactl store" but after I reboot, alsamixer shows the original (muted) setting is back. ...
If you open a terminal and enter:
Code: [Select]
sudo alsactl restoredoes it throw any errors or restore the correct volume level?

Offline thane

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2024, 04:58:33 PM »
Well, this is embarrassing. Now the alsamixer settings save and restore. Since I tried it last I installed flaxpdf.tcz, gpicview.tcz, as well as evince.tcz (but deleted it later).

gpicview.tcz had a missing library error (libGLESv2) which I was going to report. Installing the libGLESv2.tcz extension fixed it, but probably a .dev file needs to be corrected.

Now I'm wondering if alsa (or alsa-config) might have a library issue too that one of the installs inadvertently corrected.

Sheesh.

thane

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2024, 03:45:27 AM »
gpicview.tcz had a missing library error (libGLESv2) which I was going to report. Installing the libGLESv2.tcz extension fixed it, but probably a .dev file needs to be corrected.
cairo used to have a dep on libGLESv2, which masked the gtk2 dep on libGLESv2 - gtk2 dep file adjusted.

Now I'm wondering if alsa (or alsa-config) might have a library issue too that one of the installs inadvertently corrected.
You would see an error message if that were the case.

Offline thane

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2024, 01:11:01 PM »
Hi Juanito, I agree about the error message, but it bothers me a bit when problems seem to fix themselves! Reverse cosmic rays...

Thanks to you and Rich for the help!

thane

Offline patrikg

• Wiki Author
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2024, 08:09:56 AM »
See what i found on the web:

https://youtu.be/206f7nX4IGo