WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Geode Gx1  (Read 5100 times)

Offline wohlstandpenner

Geode Gx1
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
Hallo

I have tinycore optimized to run on Geode gx1..
and Mplayer runs too.. But i have only usb 1.1..
And it`s lag`s...
Anyone an idee.. how can i reducing the lag`s

Offline philip

Re: Geode Gx1
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:27:51 PM »
I am running on GX1 also, but my little box (Compaq Evo T20) has CS5520 companion chip and I have never succeeded with the sound. What is your secret?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:57:22 AM »
Use a bigger cache in mplayer, so it reads more of the files in advance. Slower to start, but less skipping when playing.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline wohlstandpenner

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 02:50:40 AM »
I have the an evo, too..
Id like to watch Movies.. with them..

Offline philip

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
Wohlstandpenner, that's great. Do you play sound with your movies? Did you do something special to make it work? For me the Evo is silent. Perhaps we have different models, or perhaps you have a better kernel setup. If time permits, would you kindly report the output from this command?
Code: [Select]
sudo /usr/bin/lspci -v

Offline wohlstandpenner

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:47:37 AM »
I think we have the same Evo.. I pluged more Ram in to it.. Now i have 198 MB of RAM.. And yes....
I have sound.. with self compiled Mplayer.. Sound-Driver is oss..
But watching movies from the usb-device is very slowly and bugy..
Now i will test it.. with an nfs-share as Storage, i think the usb-1.1 port is to slowly.. for the mplayer..
I only think.. i don`t know ;-)
Greetings from Bavaria

Offline philip

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »
Fascinating. Are you using the TC kernel with your Evo? (I have a different kernel I compiled myself in order to get better screen resolution. Trying to figure out the kernel configuration options that will lead to sound support has tortured me for a long time. For me, movies are not essential: just audio would be enough.) Thanks.

Offline wohlstandpenner

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:17 AM »
I have a kernel .config File.. 
I can send you..
I have compiled Kernel 2.6.32, with the tinycore .config.. an one i have self..
It was a little dificult.. to build the Firmware, the Kernel and the moduls..

I can send you the firmware too.. when i have it ready.. but now it is very.. bugy, to use..

Offline nathan.f77

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 07:43:31 PM »
Hi there,

wohlstandpenner, can you please tell me if you have made any progress on the tinycore firmware for a Compaq Evo T20? I have been experiementing, but its been very difficult! I still haven't been able to get ethernet going, but thats not a problem, since I am planning to need wifi anyway. The ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant modules seem to be too big to embed in tinycore.gz (I get 'out of memory' errors). And the application manager isnt working when I try to load them from console .. The error is "mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /tmp/tcloop/ndiswrapper failed: No such device"
I'm pretty stuck, and I don't think I'm comfortable enough to recompile the linux kernel.. I don't REALLY know what I'm doing when it comes to the flags and optimizations for an Evo T20.. Also, since there a lot of packages that I need for my wireless drivers, I would rather like to avoid manually recompiling them all. I just want to load tcz packages from a usb stick, connect to my wifi connection and start playing internet radio (shell.fm) on my T20, but this goal is just getting more and more complicated!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
Nathan B

Offline wohlstandpenner

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »
Hallo

The Application manger doesn`t works, because Tinycore "runs out of memory" that i think.. I have the same problem, when I load Software and the Ramdisk gets full.. or the Ramdisk have not enough space..

My Tinycore Firmeware, runs fine and i don`t have progress it since Dezember 2009.. But i will it completed in the next weeks.. But the evo is for me an slowly gadget.. Who i liked to play when i have any time.. I will take an other Thinclient, with more performance in my car..

The ethernet work not for me with the orginal Tinycore Kernel, too..

With your wifi Problem i can not help.. I don`t use wlan in this time...

I have some package self compiled, like alsa, mpd, centerim and mplayer.. glib und few more.. like media codecs.. perhabs the Tinycore mpd doesn`t works for me, btw. in Novemer 2009 it was not aviable in the Application Manager...

Evo users wo have problemes with sound..
The best Player ist mpd and you need to disable isapnp..
You can took alsa or oss.. I tooked oss with this options..

modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0

this works for me..