WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Leafpad  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Leafpad
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »
leafpad-0.8.16-le{.tce/.tcz} is available.

Code: [Select]
Title:          leafpad-0.8.16-le.tce
Description:    Leafpad Text Editor - Limited Edition.
Version:        0.8.16-le
Author:         Tarot Osuji
Original-site:  http://tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/
Copying-policy: GPL
Size: 116K
Extension_by:   Jason W
Comments:       This extension requires gtk+-2.tcel and it's
dependencies.
                ----------
Change-log:     ----------
Current: 2009/01/03 First Version.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:12:13 AM by Jason W »

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
Re: Leafpad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »
as leafpad is my favorite editor, i'm not going to protest if there are five different versions of it in tce. i use it in every distro i can, i've installed it from apt-get in one.

but unless it won't install on top of 8.15, i can't tell the difference. i am curious...

(title changed to leafpad by JW)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:14:00 AM by Jason W »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:11:57 AM »
Don't worry, there was not going to be five versions, only two.  I am in the process of upgrading leafpad and was going to throw in the "Limited Edition" that is twice the size of the original in addition to the regular version.  I was expecting twice the features for twice the size but so far I don't see any more features.  Knowing this I will simply delete the limited edition when I upload the standard 0.8.16 version.  Leafpad is my favorite editor nowadays and it is a shame the "Limited Edition" did not pack more of a punch.  This thread can be simply named "leafpad" since it is updated frequently. 

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:56 AM »
oh i'm not at all worried, i was just clarifying that it was a point of curiousity and not a complaint.

as amusing as "limited edition" sounds in connection with free software, (limited to n copies! where n is a real number and integer...) i just wondered if it added a feature you knew of that i didn't. i see you can't find one either, and while it's horrific that they doubled the size without us even being able to figure out the reason, i hadn't even noticed :)