WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Requests for extensions  (Read 269165 times)

Offline 3rail

Re: Requests for extensions
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2009, 07:06:42 AM »
I'd like to request "fbi" please:

http://linux.byte..org/fbida/

Thanks!

p.s. I compiled my own fbi tce from source and it works but I'm not convinced I did everything properly enough to submit it.  And since it only took me 15 minutes or so to build it, I figure it'd be a snap for a more experienced builder to put it together "right".

requires: curl, fontconfig, graphics-libs, libexif, openssl and some others I couldn't find in the repo (like imagemagick)

edit:

Ok, I'll submit what I have after the holiday weekend per the instructions on how to submit extensions

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:40:00 AM by 3rail »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2009, 07:22:56 AM »
why not take a punt and submit it - nobody will bite, it would be appreciated and everybody has to start somewhere, right?

[note that you'd need to submit imagemagic too]

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2009, 07:36:11 AM »
Tobiaus-

Ogg theora would be a seperate extension from ogg-vorbis as it depends on ogg-vorbis and SDL, perhaps an ogg theora extension can materialize soon.

Offline alu

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
... the post above refers to another section of the forum (related to this: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=1121.0), and was probably put here because of my own mistaken manipulation, sorry for the buzz.

anyway to the topic of this section: i'd like to see a tce or tcz extension of pdftk which is very useful in order to manipulate files.

thanks

Offline alu

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
who has this kind of beautiful soul, and especially time to provide us a tce or tcz extension of abiword; i must say, i don't like it over openoffice, but openoffice sucks too much even on respectable machines... (my opinion, obviously). thanks

Offline inknoir

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »
hi,

is there a posibility to have dwm (with dmenu) as windowmanager? i would love to see that!!!
or is it impossible then to reach the programs/menus which are shown on rightclick?

greetings from germany

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »
is it impossible then to reach the programs/menus which are shown on rightclick?

the program "shortcuts" in the menus are kept in /home/tc/.jwmrc and /usr/local/tce.menu. (to edit existing menu entries in /usr/local/tce.menu, you need to be superuser.)

Offline mikshaw

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:14 AM »
is there a posibility to have dwm (with dmenu) as windowmanager? i would love to see that!!!
Yes.  I use both in TC.  If you have compiletc, that should be all you need to build them, but you might need to change config.mk to point to the proper X11 includes in /usr/local (can't remember positively).

is it impossible then to reach the programs/menus which are shown on rightclick?
If you're using dwm then you can't have jwm running, and so you won't have a right-click menu.  You could write a shell script to parse the jwm menu and create a dmenu menu using the same items, although it might get complicated when adding multiple submenus.  Another option is to try adding another desktop application, such as dfm.  I had dwm running with dfm for a little while, just to see if it would work.  A problem occurs when using the default tile mode of dwm....you have to switch tags to use the desktop menu after opening an application.  That woud happen wih any desktop menu application.
Personally I just stick with dmenu, aterm and hotkeys for opening programs.

Offline sihorton

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2009, 12:27:21 PM »
I tried to install the klik (http://klik.atekon.de/) software but got a bunch of errors. This software allows you to download and run software without installing, and it has a lot of different packages available, skype, audacity, etc. etc. etc.

If the install script could be made to work, or added as a package, then you would have access to all of their packages without additional work. I am no linux expert but how difficult would it be to get their install script working? After you have installed the program you are then able to install through simply clicking install buttons from their website.

Offline SublimePorte

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2009, 06:58:41 AM »
It's a bit more than just the install script. I can get the install script to work (by installing Xdialog), but that's where the problems begin, not end.

The way it works is by mounting cramfs images, which doesn't seem to work too well. Even on Ubuntu I've run into a lot of problems trying to use their system. Perhaps their next release will be a little more refined.

Offline Tinyest

« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »
For students, writers, or anyone who uses list making or outlines to organize their thoughts or life, there is the final free version of NoteCase v1.9.8, TuxCards - or TreeLine  http://treeline.bellz.org/scrnsht.html

An advantage of TreeLine is its simple database features, and ability to adapt existing plain text user may have from years in other OS's.

I don't feel competent to set up an extension, but TC with such a tree-organized text app, Opera and eMail - this is all some folks would need in a 2nd hand, ($50) laptop.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:02:19 AM by Tinyest »

Offline sihorton

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
I have been using Portable Ubuntu (http://portableubuntu.sourceforge.net/) it is pretty cool, and lets you run Ubuntu inside windows (so you get a ubuntu menu bar, and your ubuntu programs show up on your windows desktop). The portable ubuntu is based on coLinux (http://www.colinux.org/).
"coLinux can load and run an existing unmodified Linux distribution concurrently with the host OS."
 This means we could attempt to get TinyCoreLinux running inside coLinux, giving us a portable version you can run inside windows (no need for a virtual machine).

Check out the sites and see what you think.

/Simon.

Offline robc

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »
@Tinyest: I looked into building TreeLine for you, it requires new extensions of PyQt 4.0+ and sip. I was able to compile and install sip and have it ready to put into an extension. When I got to PyQt I ran into some problems with the location of Qt. I ran out of time to look into this more today but I should have some time tomorrow.

If there is anyone else who would want to take over feel free to do so since I'll be done with the computer for the rest of today.
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2009, 10:52:45 PM »
This means we could attempt to get TinyCoreLinux running inside coLinux, giving us a portable version

that would be the coolest thing i've ever seen in windows... last i checked, colinux was ridiculously huge, but i don't know if that was because of the distro it used or because colinux is just huge. obviously when i say "ridiculously huge" i'm saying it as someone who uses things like tc, but i think my xp install was smaller than colinux would have been.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2009, 10:55:15 PM »
@Tinyest: I looked into building TreeLine for you, it requires new extensions of PyQt 4.0+ and sip. I was able to compile and install sip and have it ready to put into an extension. When I got to PyQt I ran into some problems with the location of Qt. I ran out of time to look into this more today but I should have some time tomorrow.

If there is anyone else who would want to take over feel free to do so since I'll be done with the computer for the rest of today.

For all the resources involved (QT4), it almost seems silly.  Emelfm or MC already has a graphic tree structure if you need one.  To read all the contents of listings  within an author directory, you could type "cat /author/* "   For research, I once had something like that attached to the browser which saved articles to various categories.