WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Guidelines for extension submission  (Read 98577 times)

Offline Scampada

Re: Guidelines for extension submission
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 01:19:38 AM »
you can use the apps gui to search tags on "screenshot" or similar, but this will show only the extensions  in the current repo for the architecture in use (x86, x86_64, etc).
Why, can't I do the same using tce-ab (K)eywords search?.. And exactly, I can search only in the current branch and only for my architecture. I had not found mp3blaster in there but it turned out it had been maintained some time ago.
The winning entries in UNIX users' hymns competition were 'What's the buzz, tell me what's happening' and 'Strange Thing Mystifying' songs from A.L.Webber's musical.

Tiny Core Linux. Like Gentoo, except Gentoo is easier.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 01:33:08 AM »
did you try "screenshot" in the keywords search?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 07:54:21 AM »
Hi Scampada
As I recall Tinycore comes with a screenshot utility. Does it find anything if you enter:
Code: [Select]
screenshot.sh

Offline Scampada

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »
did you try "screenshot" in the keywords search?
Surely. But it seemed to me that those utilities listed in the-ab hd too many dependencies each. I'm a bit faddish about *tiny-ty*. Maybe as a newcomer; I like the idea of *tiny-ness*. I like to *optimize*. Sometimes I do not know of something relevant and try to invent a bicycle though. Heheheh.
I've already edited some source files of a fbgrab ('make' threw errors for deprecated-style use of libpng) and it works for me and depends only of libpng. It's nice. Now I'm trying to build some console image viewers from some legacy sources which I believe need less deps. I know there are image viewers in repo but they look too big for me. I'm a *tiny-ac*. Well, it's maybe stupid but I seek simplicity. What is tiny is simple eh?
Wanna make a meta-package to bring all these tiny dep-less or not-very-huge-dep-list CLI utilities altogether to make a full environment. You install one not-very-huge package and right after that you'll have feature rich FB and ncurses-based movie and music players, image and maybe even PDF viewer, screenshot utility, text browser, torrent client, coffeemaker, all that crap onboard. I mean, just take emacs.

PS Use what is tiny, Luke
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:12:28 AM by Scampada »
The winning entries in UNIX users' hymns competition were 'What's the buzz, tell me what's happening' and 'Strange Thing Mystifying' songs from A.L.Webber's musical.

Offline Scampada

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »
Hi Scampada
As I recall Tinycore comes with a screenshot utility. Does it find anything if you enter:
screenshot.sh
No I didn't... I'll take a look at this. I mean, it's of interest for me, is it tiny?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »
Hi Scampada
It should already be included under  /usr/bin/

Offline Scampada

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »

screenshot.sh
Hi Scampada
No trace.

In addition, as far as I know there is NO console framebuffer image viewer for TC (in the current). They all require X.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 12:06:10 AM »
Am not exactly sure if this is the right place for this discussion but screenshot.sh is included in a normal tc install and can be found by installing the extension Xprogs.tcz

tc@box:~$ sudo find / -iname "screenshot*"
/usr/local/bin/screenshot.sh
/tmp/tcloop/Xprogs/usr/local/bin/screenshot.sh

Why, can't I do the same using tce-ab (K)eywords search?..
Also searching for screenshot under tce-ab > Provides:  results in the following, (which also lists Xprogs.tcz)
tce-ab
S)earch P)rovides K)eywords or Q)uit:p
Enter search term, e.g. iwconfig:screenshot
tce - Tiny Core Extension browser

1. fox-doc.tcz
         2. fpc-src.tcz
         3. gimp2.tcz
         4. lazarus.tcz
         5. libimobiledevice-dev.tcz
         6. libimobiledevice.tcz
         7. lxde-icon-theme.tcz
         8. pilot-link-dev.tcz
         9. qt4-htmldoc.tcz
        10. totem-dev.tcz
        11. totem.tcz
        12. Xprogs.tcz

Enter selection ( 1 - 12 ) or (q)uit:

Also before submitting a new extension you may find testing with "submitqc6.tcz" useful
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:29:08 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline Scampada

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 07:55:29 AM »
Thanks coreplayer,
I had checked tce-ab for (K)eyword 'screenshot'. I had seen all those entries but, I should remind that I want CLI-only environment atap (as tiny as possible). It's my goal to have as many utilities as possible without Xprogs and other big-sized dependence-packages. Look, fbgrab does only need libpng while screenshot.sh needs Xprogs, and the rest need lxde, gimp (which needs X), qt, totem etc. Install Xprogs just for a screenshot utility? Ew.
Now I have built fbida to have framebuffer only image viewer with no need in Xlibs or Xprogs or something. It needs: libpng, libtiff, libjpeg-turbo, libexif, giflib, fontconfig and some fonts package. It's able of zooming and even editing pictures, vieweing PDF documents (have not tested yet) and is pretty tiny, hey. I'll send them altogether, mp3blaster and fbida I think. And maybe fbgrab too. Just gotta make them clean, stripped and nice.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:57:06 AM by Scampada »

Offline Rava

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
In addition, as far as I know there is NO console framebuffer image viewer for TC (in the current). They all require X.

All I managed to code is a virtual console "framebuffer" copy script. ;)

It is able to copy the framebuffer from the virtual consoles of F1 to F6 (and also any others when "activated" in that system, usually that means non-commented in /etc/inittab, e.g. F8-F12)

Sadly, I was never able to figure how to copy from a xterm...  :(

It only works okay when the $COLUMNS of the virtual console and the xterm you might start it from have the same columns / width, e.g. 80 for both. Otherwise the needed folding will mess up the lines!
Usually the variable $COLUMNS is not exported and so cannot be read by the xterm or virtual console script. (It can be read when you type the line in the terminal by hand, but not in a script, that is)

Therefore you need to put export COLUMNS into /etc/profile. Or run that line beforehand on the VT or XTerm you want to run the script from.

Code: (bash) [Select]
#!/bin/sh
VERSION=0.6
MYNAME=ct
# ct (aka catterm) (c) Rava
# usage: ct 1 for cat of tty1 from other tty (console or xterm)
#  ct 1 1 for cat of tty and tail only 1 (=last) line, good for ctorrent or wget output or such.
if [ "$COLUMNS"x = "x" ] ;then
    echo $MYNAME V$VERSION - could not read \$COLUMNS - assume 80.
    COLUMNS=80
fi
if [ $# -eq 1 ]; then
    cat /dev/vcs$1 | fold -w $COLUMNS | sed 's/[ \t]*$//'
    echo
elif [ $# -eq 2 ]; then
    cat /dev/vcs$1 | fold -w $COLUMNS | sed 's/[ \t]*$//' | tail -n $2
    echo
else
    echo $MYNAME V$VERSION Unknown parameter - Abort.
fi

Cave! Some Linux use /dev/tty* while others use /dev/vcs* !
usually, both refer to the Virtual Consoles, but I never encountered a system that would use both, it is either tty or vcs!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:50:44 PM by Rava »
Cheers, yours Rava

Offline nitram

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 09:43:33 AM »
Hello.

I submitted an extension a week ago. Maybe it got lost in the shuffle. Thought i would post here to see what happened as i did not receive a reply and did not notice anything in the forum, recently updated tcz section or via Apps repos.

This thread indicates a typical 24-48 hour turnaround but that may have changed. I am also no longer sure if Jason handles submissions, as he now works on dCore. The submission was not encrypted but that no longer appears necessary.

Anyone process a rogue.tcz extension, emailed on May 7th?

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »
Don't worry, sometimes it can take a week or so

Offline nitram

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2015, 07:04:47 PM »
Thanks coreplayer2...just anxious  :P

Offline JustinCB

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2017, 06:06:36 AM »
Also before submitting a new extension you may find testing with "submitqc6.tcz" useful
Now it might be better to us submitqc7.tcz or submitqc8 when it hits the repository. 
Hi Scampada
In the current repository at least screenshot.sh is in /usr/local/bin/

Also, more on topic, I sent several emails with extensions(one had a link to google drive because the .tar.gz was too big) in the last few days and haven't gotten any replies. 

Offline Misalf

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 06:22:46 AM »
It can take a few weeks for submitted extensions to appear in the repo.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)