WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Guidelines for extension submission  (Read 98596 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Guidelines for extension submission
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
It was caught in the spam trap.   I have forgot to check it recently, sorry for the wait, I am tending to it now.

Offline CaptBill

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »
Hi Jason,
I am having an issue with the fpc.tcz (freepascal) not loading correctly. I am live cd booting with a local tce directory. The problem seems that the file structure on my system is usr/local/bin/fpc and the fpc.tcz structure loads it as /usr/bin/fpc.
Is this an error with set-up on my end or is it a typo in the fpc.tcz? Should fpc.tcz run with the stock config or should I adjust my path somehow?

The compiler seems to load and work correctly. It is the IDE that hangs, apparently because the directories are not there. The IDE is "fp.exe" the compiler itself is "fpc.exe" to test it.

I have notified the creator (Arslan S)

Thanks in advance
James 3[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 09:21:42 AM »
No, fpc.tz has its files in /usr/local/bin.
fp.exe is not a Linux program.  Are you trying to run a Windows program?

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »
Small O.T.: Jason, what do you think if your script "submitcqc4" would create a template for build-dep, packname.tcz.info (with autocomplete of pack name, dimension and date of creation) and empty packname.tcz.dep?
The request is for lust of completeness, it isn't absolutely vital  ;)

Offline CaptBill

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »
No, fpc.tz has its files in /usr/local/bin.
fp.exe is not a Linux program.  Are you trying to run a Windows program?

Thanks,
I actually meant to say the source files directory for FPC (which contains  a specific file ppc386).
The  tcz contains a fc.cfg that appears to not see this ppc386. And it is a hidden file at /home/tc/fp.cfg which I cannot change without modifying the extension.
Looking closer, I think I was mistaken on the cfg not looking right. It looks to be correct after all.

And looking closer that means I really need to talk to the author on this, being a fpc configuaration issue.
And, hopefully, the fix is simply finding his working config for Tinycore.

Author, 'Arslan S', left no contact. Hopefully you know where to forward the message, would be great.

Cheers

exe hahaha oops (is it .so?)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:19:37 PM by CaptBill »
James 3[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »
Hi CaptBill
This topic belongs under either   TCE Q&A Forum   or   TCE Bugs.
You can send Arslan S. a brief personal message and bring it to his attention. Click on  Members
at the top of the page and you can look him up.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »
About submitqc4, I would rather not get into building templates and trying to determine build deps, it is mainly for checking what is already there.

Offline vinnie

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
no, no; no determination of the dependencies, only the empty file.
The idea is that, once started submitqc4 on a new package, this pulls out all the required files, so that one should only worry about finish to complete built-dep and info file (but already having the structure) and the .dep, deleting it if don't need (pack with no dependencies).
In short, a little help for lazy people :P

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »
Basically it comes down to that would be more stuff I would have to work on, debug, and maintain, and I really don't have the time resources to take on any more than I already have.  But there are some good routines in other folks' build scripts that do that very thing with the info and build-dep files. 

Offline vinnie

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
in fact this is not fundamental, it is just to talk about potentiality  ;)

Offline Scampada

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »
Hey,
do I need to bcrypt the package before sending? There in the wiki was said that gmail provides enough security to do not so. Is it actual data?

In addition, I found no package named mp3blaster in official repo, so I believe it's all up to me, no need to agree with anyone?

I've built it for myself, it works (as tcz) and it depends on four small packages only, instead of a whole bunch of them in cmus dependence tree. mpg123 also requires only one or two dependencies and is quite small but it doesn't provide nice looking CLI GUI, playlists, file browser, doesn't play not only mp3 but ogg and flac and wav files too (and mp3blaster even can convert them somehow) and so on. I do not know if cmus does provide it too and what is it like, because it never worked for me. It chains so goddam many packets in dependencies, some X junk, and much more, and then I ran it and it won't start complaining of not finding some MORE libraries. I installed the required just fo' lulz and it still won't play for some more reason, I don't recall why. But anyway, is it good to install twenty or more dependencies for one CLI music player? mp3blaster is nice.

[EDIT]: Removed color tag which made text difficult to read.  Rich
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:19:20 PM by Rich »
The winning entries in UNIX users' hymns competition were 'What's the buzz, tell me what's happening' and 'Strange Thing Mystifying' songs from A.L.Webber's musical.

Tiny Core Linux. Like Gentoo, except Gentoo is easier.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
Hi Scampada
The wiki used to say use bcrypt. Why that was removed, I don't know. Last time I submitted something I used bcrypt.
mp3blaster.tcz is in the TC4 repository and was submitted by juanito. As a courtesy, you should send him a PM to see if it's OK.
I removed the color tag from your post to make it readable.

Offline Scampada

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:40 PM »
Okay, I still have vague idea of repos for other versions, I installed TC a few mere days ago and checked only default one. OK, I will, thanks for the tip.
It looked strange indeed, I was trying to 'exclude' that part of the message with some kind of "offtopic" designation. There is no [offtopic] tag here, am I right?
The winning entries in UNIX users' hymns competition were 'What's the buzz, tell me what's happening' and 'Strange Thing Mystifying' songs from A.L.Webber's musical.

Offline Scampada

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
Is there any coordination thread in the forum where one can find all actual and deprecated packages and their maintainers?
For example I had found and compiled for myself a tiny utility that can make screenshots in .png from framebuffer with almost no dependencies -- unlike some kind of scrot which has a pack of deps or fbdump which needs an additional utility to convert its output from ppm to png with e.g. NetPBM package which is huge and requires perl.
But I can't know if there is any similar utility in use or it once had been in use but is deprecated, or who's its maintainer etc. And it's rather difficult to find it through tce-ab.
(The package I found was written using a bit outdated libpng library standard, I have fixed it a little; it still throws a pair of warnings but it builds and works properly.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:31:14 AM by Scampada »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 01:12:07 AM »
you can use the apps gui to search tags on "screenshot" or similar, but this will show only the extensions  in the current repo for the architecture in use (x86, x86_64, etc).