WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Minefield won't start ... ?  (Read 1880 times)

Offline philip

Minefield won't start ... ?
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:21:24 PM »
Today my laptop got a new initrd: TC 2.3.1. Now it seems that minefield won't start. For a basic test, I can navigate to the directory /usr/local/firefox and say "./firefox" at the command line. The response is
Code: [Select]
run-mozilla.sh: Cannot execute ./firefox-bin.The message makes good sense, because there is no file named "firefox-bin" in the directory /usr/local/firefox. Any suggestions? Thanks! [Edit: I have a fresh copy of minefield.tcz.]

I'm worried that this is somehow my fault, because searching the forums indicates that nobody else has experienced this problem. So, in case this is relevant, let me mention what else is going on. I tried to evolve with TC by inserting an empty file named "tcz2ram.flg" in my /tce directory. I also have a file named "tcz2ram.lst" in there, but at the moment it's empty ... my hope is that the flag file will push *all* the tcz's into RAM, which is where I want them. I did try to get the new system files from /etc/skel when upgrading versions ... could something old in my backup still be hurting me?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Minefield won't start ... ?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »
Ah, the extension has not been updated with the new policy. User.tar.gz is deprecated, not used at all when loading a tcz to ram, and to be removed from normal TCZ handling.

I'll fix the extension shortly. edit: fixed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:58:42 AM by curaga »
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline philip

Re: Minefield won't start ... ?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:07:34 AM »
Thank you for that rapid repair. It works now.