Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

XBMC + VDPAU

(1/2) > >>

Black Sliver:
Hi!

I'd like to run XBMC plus VDPAU on Tiny Core.

1. XBMC installs into /usr/bin (startup script) and into /usr/share/xbmc (everything else). As /usr/share/xbmc is about 130MB in size, so it might not be a good idea to run this as PPR. Any suggestions what to do best? Can the PPI Mode be extended to load /usr/share, not just /usr/local?

2. VDPAU is part of the latest nvidia drivers (since 185.xx). What's the best way to integrate them? Remaster the core maybe?

curaga:
1. TCZ mounting is rather fast; I doubt you'll find the speed of it lacking :D

2. I would create an extension. Makes easier updates when no need to re-remaster.

Black Sliver:
Sorry for my late reply, I'm kinda busy with other things...

1. Is there a way to create uncompressed TCZ extensions?
2. Is it really possible to put nvidia drivers into an TCZ extension? Can you put everything in there, no path restrictions?

curaga:
1. Yes. You are free to use any format supported by the core, including ext2. However, please only submit compressed extensions in the preferred format (squashfs) to the repo ;)

2. Why not? There are very few restrictions 'round here. Xorg itself is an extension, as are the 3D kernel modules.

Black Sliver:
I fear XBMC including the skin I use is kinda large. Even gzipped it's around 80M. Is there a size restriction? I can't find it in the guidelines.
Is there a way to make uncompressed images public? I see that it's not allowed to publish extensions here in the forums, but what's about uncompressed images, that I may not add to the repos?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version