WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Closing suggestion on 'Post Install persistent setup' thread  (Read 2688 times)

Offline tclfan

Closing suggestion on 'Post Install persistent setup' thread
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »
As this extraordinary thread finally calmed down successfully, where TC developers responded with remarkable calm and roberts exhibited admirable patience I would like to suggest the following:

Much precious time of contributors has been wasted in these polemics, who were trying to respond in reasonable fashion to unreasonable conversational engagement. Developers' time is too precious for that and I would rather see it spent on continuing enhancements to TC, which is greatly appreciated.

Appeal to new TC users:

1. Please try to read and understand first, before engaging TC development team. Tiny Core Concepts are not meant to be step-by-step instructions for new users but rather high level overview of TC architecture and is well written as such. Understanding this concept is important to setting up TC in desirable fashion.

2. TC has been rapidly evolving. Even the latest RC's may bring significant changes. If at this point in time there are no 'step-by-step' instructions, appropriate information can be found however without excessively wasting developers' time. Once TC matures appropriate documentation will follow.
However I can understand the interim frustration, where e.g. editing of .xsession or other file may bring about an unexpected challenge of finding such file, not speaking of chosing editor that can see it...

3. I came to appreciate and trust the TC strategy, modular architecture, led by vision of dexterity and efficiency. The way I see it, all decisions in product strategy have been the right ones (perhaps with a small exception of chosing flwm default again... but at least you have options...).
Therefore, please trust roberts, he knows what he is doing and I hope such polemical engagements will not discourage him from vigorously continuing the existing strategy...

Thank you...