WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Unable to get any sound working...  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Willbo

Unable to get any sound working...
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »
Hi,

I'm running TC 2.2 from USB [currently working on my laptop, which has the "Realtek ALC861 HD Audio" sound].

So far I have been unable to get any sound working at all on this machine... I haven't had a chance to try it on another, but anyway...

I have tried using OSS and ALSA seperately, configured a million times, used different combinations of audio / video players, played with their settings for hours, but so far nothing...   :-\

Although i would like to get sound working on this laptop, I would ideally like to get my TC auto detecting and configuring sound upon each boot, and working across a broad range of hardwares, because i often take my usb stick on the road for work.

If any one could point me in the right direction, i would really appreciate it...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Unable to get any sound working...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 07:58:50 AM »
OSS will do that, if you don't add the detection results to your backup (configure sound automatically every boot on various hw). Not sure about alsa.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Willbo

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 05:57:29 AM »
OSS will do that, if you don't add the detection results to your backup (configure sound automatically every boot on various hw). Not sure about alsa.

Ok I'll check on some other machines and see if it is just my hardware.

If it is just my hardware, what can i do about it? I found some drivers for linux online, but i guess that would mean i have to complie them myself??

Or is there something less drastic i've missed?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »
The only sound drivers I'd trust are official ones from OSS and ALSA. Thus, you could see if compiling the latest ALSA hda driver helps anything (we already have the latest OSS release as an extension).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline j0m

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:06:23 AM »
enable dbus dhcp, having alsa-modules-3.16.6-tinycore OnDemand. Worked